My new Tascam 388 Furniture!

j.harv

@#$%
After a month of swearing, I finally finished what I have been wanting to do for a long time. Its a little rough around the edges,but for my first time ever making a piece of "furniture" I'm happy with it. Still need to get a few more rack pieces and I gotta still cable everything up......whew!!!!!!

A+!!

:D

That looks great and functional to boot...Nice work!

What material did you use? Did it come black or is it painted? Or laminated? Lots of angles with which to contend...bet that added to the complexity of the project, but it all looks very purposeful and flows really well.

Thanks Fellas!

What material did you use? Did it come black or is it painted? Or laminated? Lots of angles with which to contend...bet that added to the complexity of the project, but it all looks very purposeful and flows really well.

I just used plain old, good one side, pre sanded plywood.I used 2 4x8 sheets for this.
I used 3 coats of a dark espresso stain and multiple coats of polyurethane.The insides I just sprayed flat black.I laminated the edges with a black strip laminate that you iron on.Then just used some wood trim sprayed a satin black for the front and for the drawer.
As for the design....I just did it as I went along. I think I got lucky that the angles all worked out.I just had to make sure that the racking would fit properly. This project wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.The staining and poly coats were the most time consuming part.

Last edited:
Back