My new song, 50 ways to kill a lover

weeklyhouse

Hey,I thought maybe you guys could let me know what you think of this.The full title is 50 ways to kill a lover(a love story).Its kind of an acoustic punk song.I tried a few different things on this compared to the other song(afraid of me) I put on here.Please let me know.Thanks

MP3 Player SoundClick

Not too bad. Guitars sound nice. The vocals are kind of hard to understand. In fact, I can't hardly understand any of the lyrics. Normally I wouldn't care because lyrics are usually stupid, but I figure the lyrical content of this song is probably important to the overall theme. I'm hearing doubled and panned main vocals? Is that right? Maybe center them more so they're more understandable.

Not too bad. Guitars sound nice. The vocals are kind of hard to understand. In fact, I can't hardly understand any of the lyrics. Normally I wouldn't care because lyrics are usually stupid, but I figure the lyrical content of this song is probably important to the overall theme. I'm hearing doubled and panned main vocals? Is that right? Maybe center them more so they're more understandable.

Thanks for the input.The vocals are not doubled.It is an effect I am messing with.Although throughout alot of it there are various backups singing low and high harmonies.I will try to center the main vocal.I think I was trying to pull it to the outside to make it seem large.Here are the lyrics.

I can see the sun is shining
cancer causing rays are blinding
and I know it doesnt matter to you
All my dreams theyve been shattered
but I know it doesnt matter
you still look at me as I turn blue
I might die of suffication
or I might be more creative
like a drowning in a tub of glue
just for you What I would do for you

I might die of complications
of an overdose sedation
or a plastic bag of carbon fumes

I might die of bullet entry
find me hanging in the pantry
from a rope I double knot for you

I might die of masturbation
or severe wrist lacerations
or fall 20 stories just for you
just for you what I would do for you
I would die for you

I would die in a bathtub,throw a toaster in as backup
or a shower scene in psycho,enough rat poison I might go
or a fire I could run through,a wire I coud hold onto
a bus thats going 80,some glass I could be breaking

Theres so many ways of dying,I will not give up for trying
Theres so many ways to go,I just wanted you to know
I would die for you

What I would do for you

Suggest kill flangie FX. Simplify. Pan rationally....like narrow the percussion field, etc.

The last chord in the opening progression ["Change the World" :^) is strange. I think absence the dom7 [A] is making it suffer more than necessary?

Another vote for keeping the vocals natural. The effects sound like they were thrown in for no other reason than "just because."

Bass is a little uneven. Notes pop out here and there (e.g., :39 or so, 1:58). A volume envelope would help there.

The tempo seems a little fast. Some tracks seem to struggle to keep tempo. BGV's get a little sloppy here and there.

I thought the acoustic guitar sound was really good. When the vocals are natural, they sound good.

Back