my new/old dino mixer

toobalicious

lol, dig this sucker.

audio pro 16-S, made by traynor who knows how long ago.

needed a mixer to leave at the rehearsal space to (a) free up another mixer, and (b) clear my conscience from loss by fire/theft/dumbasses, etc.

i scavenged these pics from ebay, but mine looks just like it. well, except that mine has all of the knobs intact.

it might be a POS, but for $50 and considering my purposes, i figured it was well worth it. i love the built-in roadcase, lol.

anybody ever seen/used one of these or similar?
audiopro16s.jpg

audiopro16s11.jpg

Never seen one before, but it looks interesting. Reminiscent of the older Tascam stuff. (must be the color scheme on the buttons) If it sounds halfway decent this could be a real find!

what a great desk! .....well done!
do you know these? i cant seem to find very much on the google, though i did find one for sale @ $599 in canada ( :confused: :eek: :confused: ) and one on the bay for half that. towards the bottom of the page.
http://www.tecumsehmusic.com/web-content/Mixers.html

so far so good--- everything works, at least. test-tone generator is pretty funny, lol, and my dogs apparently arent fans. had to clean/lube the faders as they were a little sticky, and it probably could use all of the pots being cleaned as some have a touch of "scratchy". also, this thing weighs a TON, and strangely there is no way to separate it from the "case". there is no "bottom" on the mixer, and the PS tranny is bolted to the floor.

the lack of phantom power kind of sux too, but luckily we dont use condensors for practice. i do have one of these in case we need it though:
STA73953.jpg

i will know more about it on tuesday when we rehearse.

here is a "real" pic.
STA73956.jpg

found this in the "yorkville history" .pdf from the google.

There was good news and bad news. Bad news was, Eric Von Valtier’s consulting operation didn’t work out and
he returned to the the U.S.A. Good news was, Paul Ierymenko (see 1982) was back, knocking at Yorkville’s door
with a mixer design under his arm. The mixer looked promising but more importantly, so did Paul - Yorkville
needed a head designer.
It was concluded that Paul’s mixer was sufficiently advanced to warrant a brand new brand name. Thus
“Audiopro” was born. The AP-16S, 16-channel mixer was loaded with features including 100-millimetre slide
controls, 4-band channel EQ with midrange sweep (the first ever featured on a Yorkville mixer), channel activity
LED’s (another first) and on-off (mute) buttons (a third first), dual monitor send controls, dual effects send controls
(first number four), an input gain control and clip LED on every channel, balanced XLR inputs and outputs (first
number five) and dual LED “ladder” level meters. Even a tunable test tone (first number six), a gooseneck light
socket (first number seven) and a fold-down padded armrest were included. Specifications were impressive and,
best of all it could be priced around $2500.00 which was very reasonable at the time.

$2500? which kind of dollars were those? in '84 $ 2500 went a long way in the states. did i really find something cool? is it more along the lines of "one man's trash, another man's treasure"?

i am getting a little turned on by what i thought was a heavy and dated mixer for utility purposes.

Back