My new, NEW Axe!

philbagg

Just Killing Time
Picked this guitar up the other night. Ibanez RGA121 Prestige Mahogany. I'm in love!

47695_l.jpg

(Only thing different about my one is the lack of a tone control, which I rarely ever use anyway)

Nice to have a guitar with a fixed bridge again. I can finally change tunings without having to get all technical with the guitar (which I'm terrible at). Oh, and 24 frets is nice too :D Got it for 500 (he paid 1500 for it last year), along with a Roland Cube 30 amp for free. The guy I bought it off also installed a killswitch on it, which could come in handy :)

Sounds amazing, feels great to play. Here's a clip of me playing some riffs from "Cowboys from Hell" by Pantera (with a really cool Dimebag clone tone on Guitar Rig). Enjoy :)

Cowboys from Hell

Congrats.
That's the only reason I've avoided buying something with a locking trem. I dont have the patience to be technical :p
I picked up a Zoom G9.2tt recently and have devoted tens of hours to tone tweaking. I've been waiting a year to record my stuff... the waiting and tweaking is fun in its own way though. Its like having butterflies.

:drunk:

Cheers :)

You should get recording straight away, regardless of getting it right first time. You can always redo it later!

24 frets is almost a neccessity once you get used to it for soloing. Nice looking ax.

And I also never use tone controls so I dodn't have any put on my custom Stinnnett git.

Nice guit there mah san. The only useful tone control is on an active guitar IMHO. Warwick got it right, volume, blend, treble, bass. Otherwise, yeah, passive tone controls are a waste of space.

Cheers lads :) I was thinkin of replacin the stock pickups with somethin else... Reading about it online, most people said the weakest link in this guitar were the pickups. Anybody got any recommendations? If I need to be more specific let me know, I know absolutely nothing about guitar hardware :confused:

PS: Merry Christmas :)

Cheers lads :) I was thinkin of replacin the stock pickups with somethin else... Reading about it online, most people said the weakest link in this guitar were the pickups. Anybody got any recommendations? If I need to be more specific let me know, I know absolutely nothing about guitar hardware :confused:

PS: Merry Christmas :)

I'm thinking about snagging some GFS Pickups, I recommend looking into them. Ive read only great things.

and Merry Christmas

I'm thinking about snagging some GFS Pickups, I recommend looking into them. Ive read only great things.

and Merry Christmas
for inexpensive p'ups they are really very nice. I have one git with their single coils and another with their 'buckers. Both sound good.

I'm kinda a fan of the Duncan P-Rails but they wouldn't be a good choice for metal.

Back