my new mp3 is up now please make comment

istyle

"Strings of Pearls".mp3 is up at
www.mp3.com/istyle
i'm just a yelling rocker ,not a RandB singer type though ( that kinda whooo,yeah...style but i found it suit more to computermusic ,loopstyle than try to do rock with synth so i may do more of this soon )
any comments welcome thnx
( the lyric is in songwriting forum under my handle )
thnx in advance
istyle

hahaha
thnx that's not my work
ti was chinese graphic artist Cheng Kai's
i had his permission to show it there
go to my own web you'll find his link
any more feedback on my own work will be appreciated hehehe

Where's the bass? That's a pretty sparse song with the vocals WAY up front. Even with the bassy cans on the song seems to be mostly your voice and the drums. There is still that noise in your vocal track, too. :( I wish we could have figured that out when you asked about it before.

So, I'd bring that bass up a bit. It will move the song much more. You've got some neat stereo stuff going on, but I'd like to hear more of it. Add some more parts to thicken this thing up a bit. Your other songs sound much fuller and more engaging.

Now vocally, I see some of what you were going for. I'd say either work on it some more so that you can make it sound good OR try singing a different way that is more suited to your voice. I listened to some of your other songs and you can sing a lot better than you are on this track. I think it was sonusman who said the biggest mistake homerec'ers make is trying to make a track something it isn't. This vocal sounds like you are trying to do something that you can't.

Lyricly this is a f**&^#g awesome tune- expecially since you (I think?) are not a native english speaker.

Chris

Hey Istyle.

I'll post my thoughts on your lyrics in the songwriter forum. Check there for them.

The title is really good.
The melody is catchy. I like it.
I spent two years in Nam back in the sixties and can definately hear the Thai influence in your song.

Spend some time working on your vocals, your highs are not full of feeling nor are they keyed right. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that though.

I agree with Chris about the bass, but then I like a heavy bass. I don't think you have one but I could pick up some keyboard bass. It's your song though, how much you put in is up to you and the market your aiming at.

I like the volume of your voice, it's in front of the music. Yet the music can be heard, less the bass. I've listend to your other songs the other night, techno, ect.
I'd suggest, and that's all it is, is to fill in some of the empty places with some more music and work on your vocals.
You make some good sounding instrumentals.

Thanks for the invite to listen.
Keep on Recording........

hehe
thnx Chris and Badgas
Chris- yes after you answered me about the noise
i did experiment with mike placing away from CPU
and got lesser noise ,i noticed that with fastsong that i yelled and shouted ,i can lower down the output and gain at MP ( lesser than 2 )
so after compression the vocal track is cleaner ( hardly hear any noise )
but when i recorded ballads ,i have to lower down the singing to suit the mood of the tune
and increase more gain,output of MP
and that's where it pickup lot of noises
Maybe i'll try yelling a sad song next time hahaha

Badgas -thnx for kind words
i remember when i first got here in 1999
those members then...drstawl...were so kind like this
without kind input like this i might have quitted music cos mine then wasn't as good as now
BTW when you're inNAM ,you ever stop by Thailand?
cheers to all
istyle

that singing was pretty funny.

You have a very nice quality to your voice, sadly it was out of pitch in a few spots.

I could not hear the backing instruments loud enough.

I like the vocals. Nice warmth, nice space, up front. It sounds like a dynamic, but its good. It has some noise though.

peace.

Back