My new mix, need critics on my Still Loving you cover

MKibanez

Hi, I don't know if I'm in the good place on the forum. If not tell me where to move it!

Here is my latest mix. It's a cover I did in my home studio. I would like your opinion about the result, what you like and not, what is too much and what is missing on the mix etc. It sounds great in my monitors but I'm never satisfy with the result when I listen in my headphones, but satisfy in my sound systeme and car etc Please give me your honnest opinion guys. Was all recorded at my home, I play all the guitars, and a few friends the others instruments.

Thanks

Martin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULBPu4pYLn8

The girl sings perfect! But the voice sounds outside the mix. Separately a little bit. And I didn't like the drums sound... Too much digital. The playing is very professional. Like real Scorpions :)

Good choice of a song! As cool as it is to watch a beautiful girl sing this song, youtube is not helping you when asking for crits on your mix. I can hear the compression and artifacts from their processing to get it "down to size" to stream. I would bounce your music down to .wav then convert to .mp3 and upload to soundcloud.

As far as the song, it does sound really good, she has a great voice. The instrument's performances sound good too. I would just like to hear a better mix of it before really commenting on it. Good job.

Back