My new 4 string toy ! Happy Anniversary to me !

teknomike

Oldbie
My fingers are getting sore already - first bass in 10 years ...

Ibanez EDA 900 w/ Fishman bridge pickup and active electronics.

Been looking at this thing in the store for months - it's a 10th anniversary present from my wife. :D
She got a diamond eternity ring, so we both made out just fine.

Wish I had a big old amp to crank it through, but it sounds great through the monitors, anyway.

Maybe I can record something ... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSC01218 (Small).JPG
    DSC01218 (Small).JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 172
That one of those "luthide" ones right? With the none-wood body? Never played one, but they just suck in my view of what a good bass in made of ;) Yes, pure prejudice ;) (sp?)

Looks cool though, and if you like it, it's all good :)

Ha, I was looking for the pic I put in this thread for something else, and lo and behold, somebody resurrected it.

And yes, I am still around, and I still love the bass. I tracked a bit with it recently after not picking it up in a couple months, and it was pretty easy to get back the groove. Best bass I've ever played - really easy to adapt to from guitar, I find. Thin fast neck, little shorter scale. And sounds fantastic.

Hope ew1968 likes it too (if they got it !).

Mike

hixmix said:
Wow! That's cool looking. Is that a pearloid pickup cover?

No, it's just a bad flash reflection ... the pickup is actually flat black ...

The coolness of the bass is what attracted me initially, and when I picked it up, I found that it sat so comfortably - wasn't head heavy - I knew it was meant for me :cool:
And the luthite body feels different - not like wood, not like plastic - it's really hard to explain. Appealingly different, though.

teknomike said:
No, it's just a bad flash reflection ... the pickup is actually flat black ...

The coolness of the bass is what attracted me initially, and when I picked it up, I found that it sat so comfortably - wasn't head heavy - I knew it was meant for me :cool:
And the luthite body feels different - not like wood, not like plastic - it's really hard to explain. Appealingly different, though.
But it has good tone, no? To me that's more important than what it's made of. Well, except for those gawdy plexiglass guitars they made in the '80's! :eek:

Back