My name is Karma.

ShanPeyton

For the first time since i have lived this far north we are snowless in April! AND! we hit really awesome temps yesterday, 20C. That's tropical!! Typically we still have snow right up to and in June and all my friends and family back home in Nova Scotia rub it in my face that they are at the beach or *insert generic socially networked weather gloating here*

Well it seems that this winter the shoe is on the other foot and i want to really be that guy and rub our amazing weather in their face as they are still getting snow storms. But I won't. It would feel good. But history shows as soon as i shoot my mouth off something crappy happens. Instead i am going to have a killer weekend and soak up the sun before we get our inevitable northern squalls. :laughings:

For the first time since i have lived this far north we are snowless in April! AND! we hit really awesome temps yesterday, 20C. That's tropical!! Typically we still have snow right up to and in June and all my friends and family back home in Nova Scotia rub it in my face that they are at the beach or *insert generic socially networked weather gloating here*

Well it seems that this winter the shoe is on the other foot and i want to really be that guy and rub our amazing weather in their face as they are still getting snow storms. But I won't. It would feel good. But history shows as soon as i shoot my mouth off something crappy happens. Instead i am going to have a killer weekend and soak up the sun before we get our inevitable northern squalls. :laughings:

We had a really mild winter on Vancouver Island too. Everybody's been thinking it's great, but there's a downside. The temperatures have been so high for this time of year that very little snow accumulated this winter - the snow cap's about 15% of what it usually is. The region needs that snowcap later in the year when temperatures rise and it finally melts. Otherwise we'll be dependent on unusual rain events during the dry summer. The situation isn't like California, but it's still not great.

There's no such thing as Karma. Stuff happens randomly and the only structure to life is that which is perceived by the pattern-recognition and confirmation bias of human beings.

Mankind needs to maintain its humanity.

Turning it into a scientific set of ones and zeros does nothing but to bring us down to the level of a rock.

Cheers! :)

Anyway...another possible understanding of kamma is something along the lines of positive/negative thinking.Someone who dwells in the positive will tend to have a positive experience...likewise for the negative.This is a simplified explanation of a way of looking at kamma, but could be gist of it.

That's not an understanding of karma; that's an illustration of it.

Look, karma says cause and effect is real. If you don't buy into cause and effect, karma's just another idea. Karma's like time or personality. Either you believe it, or you don't. If you don't, conversations about it aren't as riveting as conversations about other stuff.

That's not an understanding of karma; that's an illustration of it.

Look, karma says cause and effect is real. If you don't buy into cause and effect, karma's just another idea. Karma's like time or personality. Either you believe it, or you don't. If you don't, conversations about it aren't as riveting as conversations about other stuff.

self moderated

Last edited:
Depends on what your understanding of kamma is.Such a discussion will not be tolerated here, so I wont bother elaborating on it.

Fair enough. I'm skeptical about all kinds of woo, but I'm aware that discussing things like this always ends up going in a certain direction, so I'm happy to leave it there. :D

Back