My music, written,recorded and mixed by Me (Sorrows Forecast)

Badmongo88

Hei would really enjoy it if you would take a few minutes of your time to listen to my music and tell me straight up what you think.

The music is mostly improvised during recording. i usually record guitar first, then drums and then vocals. but have done vocals before the drums on occasion.

The reason for these recordings is supposed to help me being creative, develop my writing and playing abilitys
as i am preparing for writing and recording my full length album. currently i have done 2 ep's. and I have to be honest i am pretty happy with how it all sounds and i actually enjoy listening to it myself. i think it's fucking great.

For my full length, I currently have been planing on recording on cassette to get make it 100% analogue and get it pressed on vinyl.

i wasn't planning on releasing the ep's that have been recorded digitally on Vinyl but i'm thinking i might wanna do it anyway.

What do you all think.

Hope you enjoy it

https://soundcloud.com/sorrowsforecast

My webpage Sorrowsforecast.com

I listened to Rise to the Occation because it was the first song on the list. Then, because it was so weird, I listened to The End of Life because it was the second song on the list.

Honestly, it was difficult to listen to because it was so chaotic. It's just a lot of yelling and twanking on instruments.

The recording quality seemed OK to me. The sounds have decent fidelity. Guitars might be lacking a little of their upper end (like the 4K-6K range). But otherwise I suppose it's OK.

Could use a bass. At least the second song.

I second Triple's comments. Couldn't listen too long. Sorry I just don't get the lack of at least some hint of structure. Really not trying to be negative towards your music but it's a hard listen honestly. Is this a genre?

If you looking for mixing advice, Try expanding the pans left and right and give it a little more room to breath. Everything sounds right up the middle. Thats all I got.

I agree with TripleM and Bruthish - lack of structure, sounds mono (which leads to things sounding hollow), needs bass. However, to actually talk about the composition I don't think I could objective, because, if this is an actual genre then I'm not a fan of it.

EDIT: "Staring At The Street" sounds like it is in stereo (well, at least the drums), which is a plus from some of the some others. I think the guitars could get some benefit from some panning. Also, the kick is not present whatsoever - needs some boosting in the lower frequency spectrum - try boosting around 60hz.

Hope that helps.

TheLurker

Thanks for the feedback. appreciate it:) sorry for late reply. no need to apologize, just happy you took the time to listen to it.

This is the musical equivalent of the comedian, Andy Kaufman, who people either thought was terrible, or a genius. This could be the new punk!

Back