My love song. (i want you back girl) looking for feedback please :)

mrman2912

I song i wrote and sang, first time i have ever done anything like this, i dont have monitor speakers of headphones (will have soon) so might sound out of tune, also song is only half a song as need to finish it off, please leave feedback bad or good, if bad could you tell me why so i can make my work better, thanks for looking :-)

on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh9xlN187pw

Attachments

• I want you back girl.mp3
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Mix wise - there's one piano note every so often that is a lot louder than the rest - can you turn that down so it's all even volume?
The strings and the drums are good. I'd like to hear the vocals a little louder - it would help me understand the words better.
For a first try this is great - just tweak the mix a little. I think you have all the right parts, just need to balance it a bit...

I found it extremely annoying and unmusical. These modern hip hop love songs just don't convey any emotion. I didn't feel it. The song didn't make me believe you were really in love. Total ghetto romance :D

Just wrote the rest of the song, just. Changed things a little to,will be recording song tomorrow and will be making video soon, this time I will feel it. One word work hard and get somewhere in life!! Not everyone will like my music but that's the same with any song :-)

Mix wise - there's one piano note every so often that is a lot louder than the rest - can you turn that down so it's all even volume?
The strings and the drums are good. I'd like to hear the vocals a little louder - it would help me understand the words better.
For a first try this is great - just tweak the mix a little. I think you have all the right parts, just need to balance it a bit...

Same here - vocals louder. I actually like the delivery - smooth.

Here are a few thoughts on the piano:

1. You are repeating the same melody figure too, try and switch it up with chords - interesting chords. Listen to this tupac track and see what I mean 2pac - I Ain't Mad At Cha - YouTube. The piano on this track is killer.
2. There is something off with the velocity curve on your keyboard, or maybe your technique - that's the note that sticks out that ido is referring to. There's not a lot of feel in the pattern
3. It's got too much verb on it, or the wrong kind of verb
4. It's not a very good piano patch

Not a fan of the string patch and it has too much verb for me

Not hearing a bass - good amount of kick, but no bass

The hi end is kind of plasticy and over compressed.

You have to build the intro into something, IMO it needs to build up and transition to something BIG.

I think you got a good start and all this stuff can be worked on

Back