My Lobotomy Baby

Nice production, but overdone.

There are too many sounds bouncing around distracting from your story, which don't quite match the gravity of the lyrics. I would also like to hear a dryer vocal with less obvious doubling.

Nice production, but overdone.

There are too many sounds bouncing around distracting from your story, which don't quite match the gravity of the lyrics. I would also like to hear a dryer vocal with less obvious doubling.

I get the verb comment, but there is no doubling. It is all harmony.

It's a lovely song, Wig and I love your harmonies.
The mix sounds kind of thin, it could use some more meat, especially drums and bass. The drums are what's holding it back in my opinion because they're not dynamic enough. I'm sure you could programme them better.
I also really dig "My Lobotomy";)

It's a lovely song, Wig and I love your harmonies.
The mix sounds kind of thin, it could use some more meat, especially drums and bass. The drums are what's holding it back in my opinion because they're not dynamic enough. I'm sure you could programme them better.
I also really dig "My Lobotomy";)

Thanks, Joey,

Always great to hear from you. I really dig your work and try to tune in, but I've had some setbacks this year. I'm really not supposed to be here. My doctor said I should have died on March first. So, I asked for a second opinion.:p

I actually might make it after all.

If I don't, you should scarf up some autographed copies of my books. You can sell them on Amazon. LOL

Wig:)

Really nice vocals, both the singing and recording. Enjoyed the song too. Thanks for posting it. Would you mind sharing the Mic and Pre you used. (on vox)

Really nice vocals, both the singing and recording. Enjoyed the song too. Thanks for posting it. Would you mind sharing the Mic and Pre you used. (on vox)

Actually two mics, AT 2020 and Apex 415 both with foam wrapped around them for a pop filter. I'll attach a photo. The pre is a Presonus Firebox and the verb is Sonitus within Sonar 6 PE.

Wig:)

Attachments

• Mics 002.jpg
    Mics 002.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 5
Back