My latest effort..with some help

Awesome song Mark. Everything I hear that you write gets better and better. Pardon me while I covet your songwriting ability. Ok, I'm through coveting. Great recording too. I like the reverb on vocals. What mic did you use?
I guess this is subjective, but in all honesty, you are one of the best songwriters that I've heard. Keep up the good work.

Wow,
I hope there's a publisher out there reading your review! Thanks Gospel......you're a good man! I used that E-V cobalt condenser mic on this one, I'm really starting to like it a lot. Thanks for listening. Uh...I just sent you an e-mail before I logged on here, guess I shoulda logged on first!

bd

Cool :cool:

Good work Dudes! Great tune. Bucko, love late 70's style lead Harmony at the end.

Mix sounds very good.

CR ><>

Thanks Axe,
Hey I need to talk to ya about the Red Horse, I'll PM ya soon. Anyways, I had to get that outta the way before I forgot. Thanks for the positive input man...I guess I'm still stuck in the 70's! I really think today's music has a place for that kind of thing to make a comeback.....I dunno, I could be way off base here. Peace be with you bro!

bd

Oh, yeah dad...did my critique in MP3 thread.
I did forget to comment on your songwriting...you can write that's for sure. I like the lyrics very much.

bdbdbuck said:
Thanks Axe,
Hey I need to talk to ya about the Red Horse, I'll PM ya soon. Anyways, I had to get that outta the way before I forgot. Thanks for the positive input man...I guess I'm still stuck in the 70's! I really think today's music has a place for that kind of thing to make a comeback.....I dunno, I could be way off base here. Peace be with you bro!

bd

Stuck in the 70s (even 60s) is not a bad place to be stuck. Just my opinion, but I don't think much of today's stuff can hold a candle to the music of the 60s and 70s. They're still playin Free Bird.

Gospel,
My point exactly. They're still playin a lot of that old twin lead stuff. I was pondering the possibility of bringing that stuff to the surface, the only problem is writing the new music...I'm still stuck in the 70's there too! I'm workin on it though!
KID,
I'll catch you over in mp3........Thanks

bd

bdbdbuck said:
Thanks Axe,

bd
OK Bro. I'm still waitin on Pete to finish the remix on Rythymn Track for The Red Horse. Should be done soon. I'll catch your PM when ya send it.

As you probably know, I was totally out of music from 80 till 2K so, you ain't the only one stuck in the 70's. Good stuff man! :cool:

CR ><>

70's

Personally I think some of your best work was done in the 70's. But then again, I could be biased.
As far as the song goes, it's great. The only thing 70's about it is the dueling guitars. And hey, you could do worse than to have every single man in the world now every lick on the air guitar like we do for skynyrd.

-ok

Sounds Great Mark,

Not only am I impressed by the song writing, I am even more impressed with the sound quality of the recording and all of the instruments.

Sound soo good. Any special mastering tricks?

clif

You have a point about the air guitar thing. I don't think I EVER did a gig where someone didn't request Skynyrd. That just kinda makes me shudder. So many of those tunes I swore I'd never do again! I just got SO SICK of playing them.

bdbdad

Thanks Clif, sorry it took so long to respond...you snuck in while I was responding to Joe and then the wife just HAD to use the phone(dial-up ya know)...........she called EVERYONE on the baseball team! Anyway, thanks a lot for the comps! Toki actually did the mix on this one in Sonar. He's got a good ear for the mix. He did some things that really accentuated some of my "not so good" work that I was planning on hiding in the mix, but I learned a lot by just listening to the mix. We're both gonna re-track some things, and I for one am going to pay more attention to detail. One of these days, I'll do a recording that I can feel 100% confident about. Got a long way to go yet. Thanks again man, means a lot coming from you!

bd

I really liked the melody on the chorus. It really stuck in my head... but in a well-written, wordy-crafty kinda way. I also enjoyed the solo out.

-Andy

Back