my home studio thread

bstarstudios

Useless Thoughts
so me and my friend started out studio "Deadwater Studios". today i got my photographer friend and we took some shots of it for my website (and this forum).
the shots are just of my portion of the gear (accounting for 90% of the recording equipment and 50% of the instruments)

go check em out (under the studio tab)

http://www.deadwaterstudios.com/

B

i decided it put the pics here as well

dsc0036x.jpg

dsc0040z.jpg

dsc0025o.jpg

dsc0021g.jpg

dsc0011kx.jpg

Last edited:
Lol!!!!!!!

i predict no good will come of this thread......

Well Bstars, you and your colleague will be receiving lots of ribbing (see above) but I will simply welcome you to the world of recording. Reminds me of when I got started - with far less than you guys have.

My one piece of advice - don't oversell your abilities, whatever they are, meek or great. That's the fastest way to acquire a bad reputation.

Well Bstars, you and your colleague will be receiving lots of ribbing (see above) but I will simply welcome you to the world of recording. Reminds me of when I got started - with far less than you guys have.

My one piece of advice - don't oversell your abilities, whatever they are, meek or great. That's the fastest way to acquire a bad reputation.

sounds like some solid advice, ive been recording for about 2 years now and am nowhere near amazing. id like to think i didn't oversell my abilities. i only state the artist will quality recordings, to me meaning better than demos but no where near as good as say going into a studio with butch vig.

Reminds me of when I got started - with far less than you guys have.
Me too. Welcome to the board. One observation though. If I were you, I'd take down that foam bed cover, and spend your next budget expense on real absorbers....ie..fabric covered rigid fiberglass. That foam looks cheap, unprofessional, and doesn't really work for the intended purpose.
My .02

Me too. Welcome to the board. One observation though. If I were you, I'd take down that foam bed cover, and spend your next budget expense on real absorbers....ie..fabric covered rigid fiberglass. That foam looks cheap, unprofessional, and doesn't really work for the intended purpose.
My .02

the foam isnt really on the walls or in use. its just a piece i have sitting there. no real treatments done to my room as im moving soon.

I will see Weasel's X-18 and raise him one X-15. That's where I started.

x15l.jpg

As far as, "i dont feel bad at all, im fortunate to have what i have.",

I think that rocks hard. Good on you and best of luck.

Last edited:
I will see Weasel's X-18 and raise him one X-15. That's where I started.

x15l.jpg

As far as, "i dont feel bad at all, im fortunate to have what i have.",

I think that rocks hard. Good on you and best of luck.

thanks a lot man. 2 and 4 tracks have always been awesome imo. i picked up a 4 track some guy was selling on craiglist around here but it broke on me right after. sad day.

You know I'd have to recommend removing the Clients page from your site, it's not very impressive to see a completely blank page.

That's perfect, and once you get those finished you should take 30 sec. clips from a couple of the songs and put them up on that page too.

that was my plan, put the name of the artists/band, a picture and below it a 30 second clip of what ive worked on. thanks!

Back