My Hammerfall don't wanna play!

klytus

Just installed a brand new Hammerfall. Under Cubase, I select ASIO Digi9632 driver as instructed, but then I hear nothing during playback.

If I switch to the ASIO Multimedia driver I can hear everything fine. Anyone have a clue what I'm doing wrong here?

Have you gone to start>programs>steinberg>cubase>ASIO/Directx Multimedia setup?

There should be a utility program, called asio multimedia setup or something like that. Maybe run the tests and but check the settings.

Wait, I just re-read your post. So it works as ASIO multimedia, but not as DigiASIO. Not sure what's going on. How does your latency change between the two settings, i.e. is the latency ok with it set as ASIO Multimedia?

Emeric,

I can only RECORD under DigiASIO but can't hear a thing while I'm doing it. The level meters appear healthy and the latency seems to be neglibible, as expected. When I play back, I can see the waveform I just created but can still hear nothing.

SO, I switch to Multimedia ASIO and it plays back loud and clear!

The setup is a keyboard plugging directly into an RME AEB4/I interface, which is directly connected to the hammerfall. Why can't I monitor what I'm playing in real-time, it don't make sense.

Thanks for helping out.
Klytus

Which version of Cubase are you using? I don't think they implemented ASIO 2 until version 3.7, but I'm not positive. I would email RME and Steinberg to see what their take is on it. One thing to check are the settings under audio/system within Cubase. Their are a few monitoring options in there, maybe fiddle with those. As well under File/Preferences -"play in background" should be checked. I suspect it's a configuration thing somewhere, maybe in RME's control panal.

Back