My Guitar Collection (Some of it)

msly

Hi All,

I am getting back into recording....Here are my guitars.

My guitar Collection (click here)
Is there anything else that I would need to cover most styles of music?

I was thinking of putting in texas special pickups in the black strat, any opinions?

Sly

Nice Collection, find a Piezo for one of the electrics and you wont need an Acoustic for recording...

Love the Hamer, been thinking about buying one alot lately. Anything I should look out for when buy one of the double cut-away Hamers with the carved tops?

Timanator said:
Nice Collection, find a Piezo for one of the electrics and you wont need an Acoustic for recording...

Love the Hamer, been thinking about buying one alot lately. Anything I should look out for when buy one of the double cut-away Hamers with the carved tops?

I bought that Hamer around 10 years ago and have maybe 5 hours total playing time on it. I Love it though, I used it once at a small recording studio, i just plugged right into the board with a sans amp and the thing was awesome.

The hamer you are talking about would probably sound more like a Les Paul....Ive played a few of those, great guitars.

hamer auction

I do have a cheap ovation acoustic but its not really that great.

sly

This covers most bases for me. I have a few more not pictured here.

Attachments

• babies.jpg
    babies.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 316
Track Rat said:

Not fair....now im gonna have to break ot the other 6 or so guitars....you have more then me in your picture LOL

Nice stuff ya got there.

I never really got into buying acoustic guitars...but I do wish i had one good martin or taylor.....

SLy

track rat im jelous!

nice bass's you gots there.

i have a p-bass myself. a squire one, i dont like the fender p-bass im not sure why though. im wierd i guess. but i changed the white pick guard to the black perloized one....makes it look nicer...ive also got a silvertone electric, 6-string....it was my cousins but i stole it

freak

msly said:

A bass or two might help. :)

@track rat - Nice Ric. You probably cover a lot of tonal ground between that and the p-bass. Good purchases.

msly,

I suppose a Les Paul and a Ric 360/12 would round things out nicely for you!

rpe

msly said:
Hi All,

I am getting back into recording....Here are my guitars.

My guitar Collection (click here)

I was thinking of putting in texas special pickups in the black strat, any opinions?

Sly

Nice guitars dude...I like your Charvel/Jackson... I got a dark metallic blue Jackson ..:)

Track Rat said:

Track Rat....

Damn, thats a real nice collection, thats alot of acoustics:)...
I used to have a Ric 4001 and a Les Paul black beauty.... nice...:)

msly said:
Don't bother. You'll never get your money back out if you do, and most people who go to Texas Specials don't seem to get as much satisfaction out of them as they had expected anyway.

Timanator said:
...find a Piezo for one of the electrics and you wont need an Acoustic for recording...

Yeah, it'll sound just like a Martin Dred, a Merrill OM, and a Gibson Jumbo all rolled into one. LOL :D

Re: Re: My Guitar Collection (Some of it)

bongolation said:
Don't bother. You'll never get your money back out if you do, and most people who go to Texas Specials don't seem to get as much satisfaction out of them as they had expected anyway.

I was hoping to get close to a SRV sound if i did. Any other opinions as far as pickups for the strat??

Sly

msly, wasn't rying to hijack your thread. Just wanted to show you what I think covers a lot of tonal ground. The Rick and the P Bass (although something with active pick ups would be another nice voice) on the low end, single pole and humbuckers (Strats, Tele, LP), jangling electric 12 string (the Dan was cheep and it SORTA sounds like a 360/12), steel string acoustics (Taylor, the Martins and the Averez 12 string), and nylon strings (Takamine and the No name). My son has the rest of my coolection in Denver, Gibson Melody Maker, SG, Yamaha acoustic/electric, Epiphone Zephyr Blues Deluxe (very simular to your Epi).

Track Rat said:
msly, wasn't rying to hijack your thread. Just wanted to show you what I think covers a lot of tonal ground. The Rick and the P Bass (although something with active pick ups would be another nice voice) on the low end, single pole and humbuckers (Strats, Tele, LP), jangling electric 12 string (the Dan was cheep and it SORTA sounds like a 360/12), steel string acoustics (Taylor, the Martins and the Averez 12 string), and nylon strings (Takamine and the No name). My son has the rest of my coolection in Denver, Gibson Melody Maker, SG, Yamaha acoustic/electric, Epiphone Zephyr Blues Deluxe (very simular to your Epi).

Hey Track Rat,

I dont consider it hijacking...thats what makes the internet great, a free flow of comunication by people all over the world....i woulndt care if everyone decided to post pictures of there collections, I find it highly intresting.

Yea i gave away a few guitars myself...i gave a 10 year old never played sunburst Fender stratocaster with Lace sensors.

My bro's been great to me, so in a way i wanted to give him something that was me.

Any opinions on reasonable priced acoustics???

SLy

Track Rat said:
That depends on what you consider reasonable:D

what would be the most bang for the buck??

I personally dont think i would be able to get away with spending more then 500 bucks though LOL

In that range, check out some Seagulls. Candian made and pretty good build quality and tone.

Seagull guitars

Track Rat said:
In that range, check out some Seagulls. Canadian made and pretty good build quality and tone.

Never heard of them....been reading some reviews on

Seagull guitar reviews

Sounds like it has plenty of Bang for the buck for sure...

anyone have personal experience with them??

Back