My guitar amp site.

capnkid said:
It needs something, I am still working out the bugs in the email, and I am waiting for the sound equipment to record the sound byte. What do you think? www.circusamps.com

Much better. ;)

As for the site...it almost looks like a disclaimer when you see it.

I would save all the lovey-dovey crap for an "about us" page and put a nice picutre of your amp on the homepage. Get people wanting it. One thing I don't like is the marketing bs that everyone always uses...sure its handmade and all that stuff....so is everyones that isn't from a product line.

Think of it like CocaCola or McDonalds. Next time you see their commercial for McDonalds, look at what the first thing you see is. It isn't someone in the back washing his hands before he cooks the hamburger to promote how sanitary they are...its going to be an image that makes you feel happy and relaxed.

Nd joy about amps is that you don't have to figure out smell-o-vision becuase you can just use a sound sample.

And one more thing about photos...

Invest in a $200+/- manual focus 35mm camera with a 25-90 lens and use the macro feature to take come closeup pictures. It will give it that focus center with out of focus outer edges (and can blur the background out of focus for the parofessional photo look a lot easier than digital with a low rez display LCD). And the film will make the picture just more "smooth" over all. Digial cameras that can produce what good entry level film camera can do are ruffly $1k-$5k still.

Also, do use .gifs for the photos. If you are using Photoshop, use "save for web" and select .jpg, then use as little quality as you need to get a good image without obvious compression.

If you don't have photoshop, save them as jpg anyways because this is the age of the high speed internet and gif sucks. Plus a 256 color gif can have a file size just as large (or larger) than a jpg.

Last edited:
capnkid said:
It needs something, I am still working out the bugs in the email, and I am waiting for the sound equipment to record the sound byte. What do you think? www.circusamps.com

okay...i'm a web designer, so here's my 2 cents...

you're REALLY light on content, so that makes your top header (amp thingy) look really big and clunky. So i ask myself...does your top header bar with the links need to be that big? the obvious answer is no. I think you could do something in the same vain only much smaller (or less tall). I'd personally like to see it more stylized or maybe even photo-realistic... either way, you might want more content as it looks kind of naked.

just a few thoughts

The site just seems so sanitized, and, unfortunately, amaturish. There's nothing that gives me any "vibe" about your amp. The pictures look, I don't know, like everything is unkempt and unprofessional. I spent three minutes surfing around the site and decided I had no interest in the amp.

So how could you have generated more interest? Make it less...white. Put your amps front and center in a professional-looking photograph that really shows off the amp. Get those sound clips up - I don't know why all boutique amp websites don't have sound clips (budda, etc., come on, get with the program and get me hooked on your sound while I'm in the intial research phases). And the web pages took a while to load, too, which was odd considering how sparse they were - bad ISP, maybe?

Even if these amps are made in your garage, that's not the impression you should give on the web site.

I hope this is helpful - I'm not trying to bash, but I'm trying to provide some constructive criticism that hopefully you can put to good use. Good luck!

Monsoon said:
And the web pages took a while to load, too, which was odd considering how sparse they were - bad ISP, maybe?

I noticed that too.

GoDaddy.com is $3.95 ($3.19 if you pay for a year) a monthand has 500 megs of storage and 25 gigs of data transfer. FYI

I sent this thread to the people who did this site for me ISE. they charged like $600 for it.

$600 is totally ridiculous. I could have made you a site 10x better (in my opinion at least) for $300 Canadian. Honestly, I would ask for some of your money back or a re-design or something... no offense to you obviously, but no one should be charging $600 for that site.

$600.00 for a totally finished site is not to bad....you need to give there people content so they can finish it

WTF??? Wha......Where am I??? Hello!!!??? OMFG!!! I hope you gave them doll-hairs cause thats just f*ckin CRAZZZY!

capnkid said:
I sent this thread to the people who did this site for me ISE. they charged like $600 for it.

Well, i hate to say it, but you should have known your website would look like crap when your web designers site looks like crap ( http://www.haja.com/ )...just the fact the the url and the company name are different, should have tipped you off. NEVER trust engineers to design a website. that side of their brain is useless. That's kind of like letting the passengers fly a jumbo jet...you are guaranteed to crash and burn.

Anyhoo, the nice thing about web is that you can change it at anytime on the fly, so if you're really banking on this site to bring you in business, find some local graphic designer college kid to do it. It'll look much better, and you can probably get them to do it for around $100.

So, in the future, don't expect your site too look any better than your designers website.

Back