My first video (and it`s a cover)

skylinegtt

I didn`t know what to cover first because there are some many song i`m looking forward to cover so i decided to break the ice with something easy. I am learning to mix so i hope you will give me some advices and tips :)

Drums are Steven Slate, bass is Broomstick bass, guitars are recorded with Laney IRT60h and Rocktron Replifex + Guitar hack impulses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a4z3mdVTsM

The kick drum is a touch clicky/present, otherwise mix is fine. Song is kinda meh.

Thank you for your comment. I`m new at mixing and it is usually like "oooh, this doesn`t sound terrible so i will go with it". I know song is kinda meh but it is easy to record. Most of my covers will be Periphery, Intervals, Monuments, Trivium etc., and i am planning to put some of my songs too :)

I wish there wasn't a video. It was sooooo blah that I didn't listen to the song properly.

There's too many videos like this on youtube. It gets boring real fast.

Since you're into recording why not do some original music. If you want to do videos as well, make them interesting.
Watching this vid, I got the impression you were bored to tears.

You're young, you're part of the techie generation, I'm sure you could do good stuff if you really put your heart and soul into it.

But this one gets a D+. It just looks and sounds like you got some backing tracks and played over them.

You can do better.
:-)

Thanks RFR. I was boring, and a little bit embarrassed because i hate taking pics or videos of myself. It was more like practice, that was first time i was recorded and edited a video and i must admit i really don`t like doing it.

I have like 500 projects in cubase that i need to finish but it will have to wait for a while. I need tu buy a bass and new computer because i`m working on 8 years old Athlon dual core :/ and i can`t do more than 15-20 tracks, and most of my songs have at least 50 tracks

Wow you kids are spoiled. :-)
Only 15 to 20 tracks???
Us older folks started out with only 4
:-)

I like to double track all guitars, then there are synths, vocals, at least 5 backing vocals, effects etc. I am trying to keep it simple but i can`t help myself, i must complicate things :)

When you record at home you complicate things because you can do whatever you want, whenever you want, but when you are in studio and you are limited with time, you realize that the half of the things are actually unnecesary :)

Back