My First Song Produced (Hip Hop)

Hi,

Would you take a review from someone who doesn't generally listen to or do this kind of music...? The one album I have is Ice Cube's "Death Certificate", for what it is worth.

I think it sounds good, both in terms of vocal delivery and sound. The mix seems balanced (I am listening over a 3-way PC system); I don't know if it's my speakers, but a bit more hard kick might not hurt.

The 'gangbang' vocals are well done. Given the 'group shouts' on vocals, the one thing I would suggest is to add some processing 'shine' on the lead guy, so he always rides on top when the others join in; at times it was, to my ear, a bit more "chorus" than what I have heard before on this stuff.

About the only other thing would be a bit more ear-candy in some form if you feel like it, little throwaway sounds that maybe only show up once or twice, to keep the ears 'happy'.

As for the video, you have a good sense of humor, some great images in there, with the big bowl saying PIMP and the giant blunt.

My two cents. Good job.

C.

Hi,

Would you take a review from someone who doesn't generally listen to or do this kind of music...? The one album I have is Ice Cube's "Death Certificate", for what it is worth.

I think it sounds good, both in terms of vocal delivery and sound. The mix seems balanced (I am listening over a 3-way PC system); I don't know if it's my speakers, but a bit more hard kick might not hurt.

The 'gangbang' vocals are well done. Given the 'group shouts' on vocals, the one thing I would suggest is to add some processing 'shine' on the lead guy, so he always rides on top when the others join in; at times it was, to my ear, a bit more "chorus" than what I have heard before on this stuff.

About the only other thing would be a bit more ear-candy in some form if you feel like it, little throwaway sounds that maybe only show up once or twice, to keep the ears 'happy'.

As for the video, you have a good sense of humor, some great images in there, with the big bowl saying PIMP and the giant blunt.

My two cents. Good job.

C.

Thanks for the advice!

Back