My first song on MP3.com

Have I heard that intro ac. gtr. riff before?? The vocals have a fair amount of processing on them, and the drums are a tad "flabby" with some loud cymbal crashes. The mix is very hot, level wise, and a nice tune. I'd take a solo section too.
You're off to a good start with your Roland...keep em coming.

btw...liked the whistling at the end
;)

Dip,

Nice sounding recording. That guitar riff sure sounds like an "Alice in Chains"song, "Got Me Wrong," but a decent song none the less. Sounds good.

cool.

Nice tune with a good melody.....The crash is too overbearing but other than that it's a pretty good song that stands on it's on without a lot of production.

Did you record the guitar with a Mic or direct with a pick-up?

Thanks for the input. I've never heard that Alice in Chains song but people have told me that before. oh well.

I notice now that the crash is overbearing. If I'm using overheads to record the crash cymbals how can I lower the sound of the crash without lessening the sounds of the overall kit?EQ? Should I have a sprate cymbal mic?

The guitar is miced and di-ed.
thanks again!

Great song Ned,

I especially liked the chimie piano parts. Nice melody to the song. Made me want to listen to it a couple of times.

Yeah the riff is a little like A n C. But the mood is definitely different to make it cool. I agree crash is too loud. And a more punchy kick would be in order to really drive the song to the next level. Good singing. with maybe a tad too much reverb though.

Keep it up.

john

Good song, but I agree with the others that the cymbals are a little too heavy. They washed out the bridge and the vocals were covered up. What I could hear was some good lyrics.

Also, you might want to pick a different color scheme for your web page for those of us who wear bifocals. That blue on red is hard to read.

Back