My First Post. How To Make Money In A Home Studio

JP LovE

My name is JP LovE. I am a recording artist as well as an audio engineer. I have started a YouTube channel that gives tips and ideas to musicians and studio workers that will help them when it comes to all forms of music and music business. My latest video is called "How To Make Money In A Home Studio" I don't know where the best place to post these tutorials on this forum are but if anyone would help me out I would greatly apprecite it. I can't wait to become apart of the community here at homerecording

I apologize if I am breaking any rules or anything posting my tutorials here. I believe I can help others in the music world that may have some confusion when it comes to how certain aspects of it all work.

Thanks everyone here at homerecording.com

~JP LovE

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure you're violating some rule here. You will be given notice. You didn't mention a thing about having gear to do all this recording and mixing. Pretty important.

Do you mean in my video or in my post? Is mentioning gear something that needs to be done here? When it comes to making money in your home studio I don't think specific gear is as important as the concepts behind how to do it. That is why I posted this in the "newbies" section because I didn't know exactly where to post it. I'm sorry I just don't know what rules I broke or what I can do to fix it.

As your first post on the forum, this looks like click bait.
If I google will I find the same first post on GS and FP and who knows where else?

Not to discourage - I hope you stick around and become part of the forum, but do that first. ;)
You're very welcome here. :)

Thanks for the feedback Steenamaroo. I can assure its not clickbait just some tips that I have on how to start making some money in a home studio. The only other forum I have posted this video on is KVR, I'm trying to become more active in these online audio communities and learn from others while also teaching others.

Are we not allowed to post YouTube links here? What would be the best way to try to link my videos here?

It's not 'not allowed', but we see a lot of people signing up simply to share their link, get some clicks, and move on.
I actually thought there was a no-links limit...20 posts or something? I guess there isn't anymore.

Anyway, people are generally more likely to check out your vids and give you some genuine attention if you've got a bit of interaction and post count behind you.
Shows you're not just here for the clicks. ;)

Seriously, welcome...Hope you stick around.
Not trying to rain on your thing, or anything.

No problem, those things just come with time here. I look forward to becoming more active. I just feel like my best way to give back is through my videos. I am releasing another video today should I wait to post my videos until I have 20 or more posts or how should I go about that? Sorry for all the questions just trying to figure out the lay of the land

I thought the best place would be user contributions but I just checked the description...
"For miscellaneous tips, tricks and other useful recording/music-related resources that you find and wanna share. NOT for promoting your site or blog."

Maybe you could start a thread in our marketing section and add your new videos to it?

You seem like a nice guy. Just be aware of a lot of people will simply walk on by because of low post count, so it may take some time to get constructive feedback.
People will also call you out if you get stuff wrong or whatever, so be prepared! In the long run, that's all good.

Perfect, I'll give that I try thanks. And I know that's how it works on these sites and that's what I'm looking forward to. I appreciate your help. It was awesome thanks

Well, any concepts one might have are pointless--I see that you have monitors and a keyboard and are obviously using some kind of DAW to make your music--one can't simply start up in this evil business without having gear or kit of some kind, no? Yes, mentioning gear does matter. The room matters too, though often enough some modern producers seem to get by without using a set space. That's likely the exception though. So, yes: Talking about gear is very important. What do you use?

Back