My first MP3 in ages.

S8-N

..|.. Part-time Antichrist ..|..
My first MP3 in ages.

Actually, I wasnt going to post any more MP3's because the album is almost finished... but I was coerced into doing it. So here goes:

Heres 128K streaming audio for people with a fast hook-up:

http://play.mp3.com/cgi-bin/play/pl...gO4896iGqzL6uoDwnHmi5gmc-/Alien_Mofo_Cult.m3u

Its a song I wrote 10 years ago for my first bands first album.. and have been playing it with every (capable) band since. We wanted to redo it since the original studio recording was so awful...
The setup is simple... crappy Peavy amp mic'ed with a SM-57. bass recorded direct... Drums with my usual variety of low-grade mics... Vocals through a Rodent.
An intersting coincidental side note: This song was written while living with the sex offender mentioned in the "Texas sex offender" thread in the Cave...

Enjoy!

Fucking killer! You already know what I think.

I just need to note that when people download this song it might come up with Slackmaster2K as the artist. That's because the song is at my MP3.COM audio hosting space...I didn't have anything to do with this song.

Slackmaster 2000

King Nothing seems to think Tool has robbed all future artists the chance to record anything remotely in the same league with the new Tool CD....I have two words for King- MOFO CULT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......Got-damn that rocks....killer arrangement....damn good recording......just finished the third play and going for four......very intense....the dynamics of the song takes your imagination on a journey through through a hell-infested, rage induced mind-fuck that will leave your brain about as useless as one of EddieN's condoms.......

well done....put me down for a CD when it comes out.....

I've always said that you need to be recording for a label, putting out records and touring. This song proves it once more. I'll take a CD when it's ready as well.

You guys are too much.
Gidge, thats a powerful statement you made... but I cant disagree. :)
Mathew, record labels like to make money. They avoid bands like us like I avoid the mall.
I just have 4 more "gems" to record (and a shitload of remixing...)and the album will be out. There may even be the possibility of a few rare live tracks... and the breakup audio... and full lyrics... and a photo of my nutsack.

Good, interesting tune. This is coming from someone, you understand, who plays nylon-string guitar, wears robes, burns incense. Well-played and sung, good sound with the gear you're using, and very importantly, variable dynamics and staging - all this really helps make it. Look, it's time to get some better mics. Just do it. This material deserves better equipment, plain and simple. Why screw around? The only downside to getting better mics will be that you'll want to redo everything you've done, but that's okay in its way.

BTW, I see what you mean about the drummer. He's good. Keep him sweet, even if it needs the occasional cuddle. :D

Better mics? sheezus! I need food and clothing and gas. As Belial is my witness, I will never never NEVER re-record these songs.
Ever.
ever.
Even if a record company offers to pay me. never.

I havent even gotten to recording the stuff I have written in the past 3 years.
Sheezus!

By the way... you hay a promo copy of the album coming to you, when its done... for the 7 bottles of wine.

-Shiz-n8-n

Very nice. I dig the changes. I am as hetero as I can be, but I want to fuck your drummer...still.

And can I just forego the CD and get that picture of your nutsack? Got any wallet sized?

Kidding, I want the CD too.

Reminds me a little of early John Denver :D

I think it's a bang-up job - very "in your face". I'm not a big fan of that style of music, but I consider myself open-minded.

I was planning on recording an original to post but productions like these make me change my mind in a hurry.

Good stuff - hope you do well.

do you realize you pre-dated a quasi-mr.bungle sound at about 1:56?....they haven't been around that long.....you're before your time...be proud.....gibs

really good stuff. You might try using a gate to get rid of that nasty feedback at the beginning of the song, and I have heard a little drink of warm milk will help to clear your vocal chords for a *cleaner* sound. I really like the lyrics...they're fun to sing along to!! :-D How 'bout some easier riffs too, so we can play it around the campfire at scout camp?? A 10 out of a 10....with or without the nutsack.

S8-N

As you well know, I'm in the "over 50" set, so I will give you my somewhat biases opinion:

1. Where DID you find that drummer? He made my arms tired just listening to him.

2. I do think you could bring up the vocals in a few places - kinda buried.

3. I didn't know there were that many words that rhymed with "fuck" and "bitch". It was a true lyrical symposium.

4. I liked the change at 2:40 (probably because it was slower and quieter - sorta reminded me of Sinatra, in a surrealistic, drug- induced-stupor sort of way.)

5. Don't you think you should add some strings? :D

6. Nice guitar licks - timing with the drummer was excellent!!

7. What happened to the Kentucky move??

mutt

Thanks, Mutt... The Kentucky move fell through... The chef hired someone else, so I started dating his ex-girlfriend.... Which seems like a fair trade... I also concluded that my house wasnt quite ready to sell... Right now, my main goal in life is to FINISH THIS FUCKING ALBUM!!!!!!!
It should be done soon... Then I am going to sell all of my gear and take up Kung fu.

Nice, S8N. Listening to it for the second time through right now. There is that Mr Bunglish sound in places - if you did this first, I'm really impressed (actually, I'm really impressed ANYWAY, but...)

Great overall sound. Of course, I'm listening to it on crap headphones at work - can't wait to try it on my monitors at home.

Overall impression - going in my mp3 rotation....

gibs said:
do you realize you pre-dated a quasi-mr.bungle sound at about 1:56?....they haven't been around that long.....you're before your time...be proud.....gibs

??

Mr Bungle started in '85! Actually, Faith No More got their singer from Mr Bungle, after trying miss Hole first, but that didn't work out...

But the song has got something bunglish indeed. With the funny time-shifting, and the 1:56 thingy. Very nice. Do your musicians read music? Or do you have to teach them in a 3 times this, 4 times that, then only half of this riff, then this again-way? Now THAT would get you respect. :D

Roel, you're right and I was wrong.....I only heard them for the first time a few years ago, and it was part of the 1991 album, called, I think "Mr. Bungle".....since then I've bought each new one.....I went to their site, and they did indeed form in '85 and did an album in '86, which I've never heard.......thanks for the info....gibs

I didn't hear them 'till somewhere last year. Saw them on a festival in august. One of the strangest 'rock'-acts I've seen. Very tight. But almost no space for improvisation. Most of them were just playing their score... Expected more than that. But I enjoyed it anyways.

(Modern 'classical' music is even stranger, glissandos on timpani, fists hitting the piano, quadrophonic electronic music, I have seen/heard it all... Whatever you think is crazy, those freaks will outdo you. And get 'class' people and other freaks in the same hall with it too... :D )

Back