My first Mix with my New Monitors "To be Told"

Sounds like some serious low-end is going on, but I'm listening on crappy computer speakers at the moment so it's hard to be sure. Good lyrics. Mixed on your new Wharfey's, right? Did you use a sub, too?

nah no sub I use Home theater speakers and check back and forth when I pretty much set up all the compressors, eqs, efx, volumes, and pans

It might be bass heavy, its making the internal speaker in my work computer sound like its farting. I still haven't checked it out on other systems

Is it distorting/mudding up ?

thajeremy said:
i think the vocals need to be in front a little more.

Sounds good, but vocals need to be a bit more upfront.

Also, if it were me, I'd bring up the guitar part a bit - it adds a really cool vibe. Also, I'd try to expand the stereo image some. Maybe do something with the shaker? (at least I think that's what it is).

Nice song overall!

here's the newer version

this mix is much more focused in the middle(if you played the other one in mono the cello pretty much disappeared)

Drums are lower especially the snare, bass is lower as well

vox is louder, I'm thinking they might be a bit too loud. I'm not used to my Wharfy's yet. It seems in my room at least you have to mix the vox on top of the beat instead of within the beat with 8.2 actives. if anything the vox may be needed to be lowered 1 db or .5.

let me know and thanks for the replies :cool:

Too much low end.

And 5 seconds of silence at the beginning is too much.

Other than that, nice :)

I think the second version sounds much more organized. IMVHO, the vox are fine. I'm listening on some pretty upscale computer speakers with a sub.

I'm not a hip-hop fan, but to me this sounds good.

Halion said:
Too much low end.

And 5 seconds of silence at the beginning is too much.

Other than that, nice :)

did you listen to the second or first? cuz the bass is much lower on the second the kick is a lil lower not by much though

thanks for the feed

axeman69 said:
I think the second version sounds much more organized. IMVHO, the vox are fine. I'm listening on some pretty upscale computer speakers with a sub.

I'm not a hip-hop fan, but to me this sounds good.

voxx fine in which one? in the second cuz the first I felt the vox didn't jump out at you enough on other systems I tried them on. Now the second maybe a tad to much IMO

but thanks again....extra ears are priceless

Back