My first impression of Behringer's HPM 1000 headphones

christiaan

Just bought a new set of headphones, the Behringer HPM 1000.
http://www.behringer.com/02_products/prodindex.cfm?id=HPM1000&lang=eng
I just wanted a set to replace my damaged Sennheiser HD 202. The HD 202 is a cheap set but I liked it for the money.
So I went to the shop and I saw the behringer for half the price (only 14 euros) of the Sennheiser so just bought that to see if it was any good. For that money, I didn't have much to lose.

Well..
I don't like it.
I'm a big guy (6ft3) with a big head but not THAT big... but it barely fits over my ears. It's just a notch too small. The Sennheiser sat on my head just fine.
The cord is only 2 meters instead of the 3 that the Sennheiser had.
It looks less good.
And most of all: It sounds like crap.

Oh well, what could I expect for 14 euros... I think I'll use it at the office since my computer there has no speakers.. They're at least on par with pc speakers, I'll give them that..

**edit**
Shit..
Now I also notice that these headphones don't come with a 1/8'' jack, just a 1/4'' so I can't even plug it in a cheapo soundcard.

Last edited:
Yo Christiaan:

Is that little guy still holding his finger in the dike?

Try a pair of Beyer 250 cans. Reasonable price but more than 14 Euros. About 133 pezzutos.

Comfortable, and I hope they would fit your head.

Also, there are greats cans for less money but whatever fits your ear-ducts there is a quality to look for in cans: comfort, sound, length of cord, and durability.

I have several sets of cans of various denominations; however, I prefer the Beyer when I am tracking.

Green Hornet :D :p :p :cool:

The Green Hornet said:
Yo Christiaan:
Is that little guy still holding his finger in the dike?
I'm pretty sure. My feet are dry even though I'm living like 5 meters below sea level.

Try a pair of Beyer 250 cans. Reasonable price but more than 14 Euros. About 133 pezzutos.
Yeah, that's a totally different league. For a price like that you may expect something decent. :)
I'll probably buy something like that somewhere in the year or so. I just wanted to buy something cheap and not too bad for now. I break stuff quite easily.. :)
Oh well, the money I saved on buying this set instead of the Sennheiser HD202 were wisely spent later today on a brand new, high quality frying pan. :D :D

I orered a pair of all three of Behringer's new headphones.

Two of them wound up sounding like shit (and the ones you got were the worst) . . .

but one I thought was really good for the money. Damn good, actually, for a $20 set of cans.

It was the HPX2000.

I have like 6 pair right now, and I'm digging 'em.

Wouldn't use them on quiet accoustic guitar with a loud click track if you don't want bleed, but for anything else, they do the trick.

Back