My First Home Studio (Issues & Observations)

Ok, I already switched the desk, non I have to relocate all the absorbing panels! Do I really need to cover all the 9 corners with Bass Traps? Can't I just cover the 4 nearest to the desk?

Thank a lot, so by recording facing the opening you mean non facing the mixer, but facing the back of the room right? I used to do the opposite, so I'm right in front of my computer and sometimes is helpful!

I'll be posting some pics of the studio soon!

Hi guys, I just finished to set up the new room, it looks great, much more symmetric!

However, I spotted a reflection point against a window!

On the side wall, where the window is, I covered with acoustic foam a part of the window (this part constitutes 1/4 of the left early reflection point) and a part of the wall (the other 3/4).

The major part of the window though is still untreated. This window, also as steel borders, which I think are the most cause of the reverb: it is sort of a high pitched prolonged buzzing, kind of loud, especially when I play open chords with my acoustic guitar.

Should I cover the entire window, and all the steel borders?

I had the same windows in the other half of the room, but the buzz wasn't noticeable there.

Back