My first experience with room service :(

kidkage

Bored of Canada
I'm in Los Angeles for the week to see a Massive Attack show. Got to the hotel. Ordered some stuff. The large amount of food was about $50. But then we got a few drinks that weren't priced on the menu... and it turned into $80. And then I tipped $10.
And orbitz said my hotel had a shuttle. But it doesn't so I spent $30 on cab.
$120 in half an hour.
What have I done? Is that what being an adult feels like?

And I was oblivious to it at the time, but I think that the girl that sat next to me on my flight might have been flirting with me. She asked a lot of questions, asked if I was alone, and said "I bet your mom is gorgeous". So I'm not sure if that makes this $90 I spent on room service sting more or less.

Last edited:
LA is an expensive place. Try NYC next time.

And yes dummy, she was flirting with you. Now she's probably getting plowed by someone else while you're watching expensive p0rn all alone in your hotel room, rookie.

I'm using the week to meet up with some friends too.

And I did NYC last time! But I had a rental so I didn't get boned on cab fees and room service.

You win on the girl part though gerg :(
Shoulda said something.

I was following you until the "I bet your mom is gorgeous" part. Like WTF does that even mean? :laughings:
That made me go wtf as well after being so short with my replies lol
She said it after just staring at me for a while so I assumed it was a compliment. Except usually it's dudes who compliment a girls mom to imply that the girl herself is attractive. Idk. Maybe Greg's right and she was trying to go for some weird stuff. If that's the case then its good that i didnt pick up on it. Crisis averted, nawmean?

Now it's the next day and I'm fine about the girl thing.
Maybe there'll be another hot talkative girl on the flight back (...it'll probably be some some douchebag).
I don't mind the cab cost.

But fuck this room service remorse I'm dealing with. I should've walked to one of the other dozen food places around here.

Now it's the next day and I'm fine about the girl thing.
Maybe there'll be another hot talkative girl on the flight back (...it'll probably be some some douchebag).
I don't mind the cab cost.

But fuck this room service remorse I'm dealing with. I should've walked to one of the other dozen food places around here.

Just skip In-N-Out burger. That place is overrated shit.

So you go to New York and get a rental and yet in California you try to use their public transportation...No offense but that was a mistake.

You can rent a car in Los Angeles for a week for about $60 ...

fly low and avoid the radar...

Try the pantry ..9th and Figueroa for breakfast bomb potatoes and sour dough bread...then walk about 200 yards to the Grammy Museum right next to Staples Center...

So you go to New York and get a rental and yet in California you try to use their public transportation...No offense but that was a mistake.
This is true, you did that totally backwards.

Always consult with us before you do anything else, ever.

I'll counter Greg's advice on skipping the in-n-out experience..he is the minority in that thought process .......decide for yourself

Suggested order you won't see on the menu.... Double Double animal style with whole grilled onion w.. Animal fries .. If you like shakes theirs are damn good

I'll counter Greg's advice on skipping the in-n-out experience..he is the minority in that thought process .......decide for yourself

Idiot Californians sing the praises of in-n-out. The rest of the country knows better.

Back