My first beat

jibran

DC's Finest
Fam, I just made my first real beat.

If convenient, could I have feedback from y'all?

If you want to, it's viewable on Myspace.

Thanks!

Remove the vocals and u should be good to go. Im not being harsh but i rather to tell u da truth than lie and say "Its ok". I dont like da vocals. If u get rid of them the beat will be an ok track but i aint really moved by it.

Thanks for the advice. I don't particularly like the vocals either but I figured I'd add them to the track.
What was bad about the beat itself though?

It wasn't made using any sort of sequencer - it was made in Audacity, so I know it is not very good.

Thanks again though,

I appreciate all the feedback I get since it helps me on my later work.

You're getting into sampling, that's good. :D

I thought the beat came in a little to soon. Kind of on an off beat. Ya, if I could just here the beat alone, I could tell you more... The beat sound good so far...

I'll post it w/ vocals removed soon. I appreciate all the help.

I liked sampling that since it was a REALLY happy sounding piano piece but I liked the pattern, so I equalized it, filtered it, then worked with the sample rate to get the sound I wanted.
I applied the same kinda thing to the violin sound and I'll work on tightening that all up a bit.

Thanks very much both of you for the feedback,

The Deen

jibran said:
Aight,

Here it is w/ the beat pushed back and the vocals removed. Opinions?

Thanks!

It's off, baby boy.

Listen to your loop, and sing/beatbox and drum beat that fits.

You need to match yours up to that.

Theres nothing wrong with the vocals,exept they need to be cleaner,and compressed a little to have a steady volume,right now they go in and out volume wise.

the problem here is the piano sample that is not going with the drum beat,and when u rap over the beat sometimes you go with the piano and then you switch and go with the drums,and since the piano and drums dont go together(time wise) your whole song falls appart.

Otherwise i see a great effort here :)

Bigups for keeping it clean :D

Thanks,

I'll do that.

The loop odd since I can't recall what exactly I did to make it go from an extremely happy sound to the gloomy and dark piano loop it is now.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Back