MY first beat.. You wont believe it

Thirst

Check it out.. This is my first beat yallll.. Im soo proud of myself lol.. Ive only been rappin for 8 months and ive accelled quality wise as well as skill wise.. Looks like ima natural with beats too, maybe... lol.. Last night around 3am I downloaded the fruity loops demo from their website..Shit is really easy to use, too bad i didnt have access to all the features.. You dont understand this is the first time I tried to make a beat, everything in here is from fruity loops as i dont have any drum samples or anything but I think it sounds smashing..

anyway its called "Unstoppable"

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/thirst1music.htm

Hope yall like it, Im rapping over it, i was happy after i created that so i wrote some quick shit and recorded it.. any questions let me know..

Thanks again and hope you enjoy..

Also since i only had the demo version of fruity loops did anyone here actually pay for it..? Or did they get it free somehow..?

Im looking at fruity loops xxl on there website, whats the difference.. cuz the xxl version is 246.00 and the FL v4.5.1 is 99.00.. So whats tha deal.. Thanks for any info.. enjoy

I think its cool. Might just be my headphones, but the mix seemed a little low heavy...

I actually paid for it and it was 149 from somewhere, but when you pay for it you get lifetime upgrades. But when you get it make sure you get the "Producers Edition" so you can add your vocals to the bottom of the playlist This makes the beat a little easier to make change up to your beat...Or you could just open FL up in Cubase

Wow! If that's your first beat continue like that your in the right way...

With that voice you could be the next fifty cent (fo' real)...

Peace,
Beathoven

first of all Beathoven is just a cool name.

This is nice work for your very first beat man, you'll learn REAL quick as well seeing as you already hardout into the game and everything...

good overall track too (raps etc)

the beat is ight....iono if i'd lace tho....needs something in the hook .....iono shits ight tho....dont like the drums much, but ight

^ lol what hook, didnt put one in yet haha... I think the drums were sick... oh well its not for everyone i guess.. thanx

Beathoven said:
Wow! If that's your first beat continue like that your in the right way...

With that voice you could be the next fifty cent (fo' real)...

Peace,
Beathoven

Im glad he didnt say eminem lol... so far its eminem, 50 cent, loyd banks, sticky fingas, and jayz... that gotta mean im somehow nice.. lol

I appreciate the listens alot.. Thanks alot yall..

yo the beat is pretty nice, especially for a first beat. Fits your flow nice too cause its got that dark, gritty, eerie feel to it. I'm definately feeling it. oh and thanks for taking no harm in my silly song i made, I was just clowning around while trying to learn how to do this homerecording stuff

Keep it up yun you definately got skillz

Jesse James

Mad electric.... Nice work if this is you first or 10th track.... MC sound pretty solid as well... Ima keep my eye on ya...

Diggy

yall are sleeping on this nigga hes got a demo of fruity loops .. do u understand whats thats like i got like fruity loops and a hole bunch of samples and cant make a beat like that ... this guys got talent stright up....

dayyyyaammmmm.....
nice dogg...keep doin' that ish...if that's your first can't wait for another in a couple of months....nice beat all around w/ or w/out tha vocals...

if its real...only haters are fake

Damn all the talk of Thirst I had to peep it

What up mayne,

I give credit where credit is due......the beat is nice.....nothing special though.

like U_Know_Us said "3 different notes throughout the whole song wouldn't make a beat sound good"

throw a little swing on the kick drum and the snare so it doesn't sound so "precise"

The flow was gravy tight.

You doing the damn thing...but flip that hoe

That Texas Fella
sugaty@aol.com

u know us said:
3 different notes throughout the whole song wouldn't make a beat sound good

its cool, but if u really listened well theres probably about 3 different things panned aside from the drums, claps, shakers n shit.. theres about 11 tracks to it...

and i think thats peoples problems, trying to flip or adding to much to a decent beat, I think alot of people start with a good base and ruin it.. ive yet to hear a beat from " uknowus " so ima assume he dont know shit lol.. I think if i were too of add anything else it would've been out of place n probably ruined the decent sound that it has, it was made with demo software and i have NO samples what so ever to work with... Ive heard some others beats and they just sound so awful cuz its a bunch of sounds that dont go together thrown together you know.. Not to mention the drums ive heard.. Not putting anyone down by the way, my beat is nothing special, its not supposed to be, it was my first.. but for my first time making drums, an intro, and sequencing it period it made me very happy with it.. as soon as i get a keyboard im going to bang some shit out, but doing the piano roll with a mouse is totally gay.. So much easier with a sequencer, looking into an oxygen 8 and then save some money for a nice yamaha psr series board..

Thank you very much for the replies though fellas, means alot.. 1

You remind me of me when I started out.....could make some clean ish with so limited capabilities......plus looking at the cost factor of high priced equipment compared to their capabilities vs. lower cost equipment/software.

From my experience it's better to work with limited capability equipment/software and work your way up. That way when u do get some nice azz equipment you can bring the creativity you had to have with the cheap ish, to the high priced ish and really get some sh*t cracking.....

Now days your points are valid for not wanting to get some high priced ish because everyone uses it.....when there are so many alternative routes to achieve some good as music. The sound quality of samples now days are so good alot of times u don't have to buy alot of the expensive stuff. Alot of times I feel like the only expensive stuff you need are the equipment for mastering..because mastering is soo critical...and it's soooo hard to duplicate the excellence of the equipment.

"Keep that Ambition/Neva let ya Business start Slippin/Homerecording.com is kool/But who wants to be a homerecording has been"
That Texas Fella
sugaty@aol.com

yea definately, the only thing im thinking of dropping some serious change on is a keyboard.. Looking into the yamaha brands more so now.. Just not sure which one theres so many, read some articles on the psr-740... You know which model that is..? The reviews Ive seen were really good and so its winning me over, Just not sure about the price of it.. I just dont see the point to an mpc if the same thing is achieved by a much cheaper method.. I only want a keyboard for all of the sounds and ease of playing it out manually and experimenting, ive been playin the piano since I was knee hight to a shit kicker so thats gravy for me ya know.. Tell me what ya think..

Not amazing to my ears but with a demo of FL this is very impressive. Will definitly check ya out when you start getting some samples in and expand a bit...

Much better than any beat I have ever put together that is for sure. But then thats why my producer produces and I rap...

Peace

Back