My EMG's Are Buzzing

mike2731

I recently put in a used prewired EMG Da-20 David Gilmore strat set in in strat. Unfortunately, the neck pickup seems very loud, and is very noisy. Obviously, I there must be something with that pickup that isn't grounded. I've downloaded the schematic from EMG's website, but it really isn't detailed enough for me to figure out what might be wrong. Would anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Mike

If you are unsure about what the problem is, take it to a good repair person. It is really impossible to diagnose problems, particularly electronics problems, without having the guitar in my hands. I need to hear the problem, and I need to look at the wiring. An estimate should be free at any good professional repair shop.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Unfortunately, in the area I live, there is no such thing as a "good professional" guitar shop. There are a couple little shops around, but none of them offer anything much in repair/setup.

Does anyone know where I could find a better schematic for my pickup set. The one on the EMG website seems lacking in specifics.

Thanks.

Mike

Back