My early moments..

ds21

Ah yes the early days, about 11 years ago, 8 track reel to reel, two cheap (Behringer and micro Alesis) outboard effects, one cheap DBX single lever compressor, I think it was only a total of 5 very cheap mics the most expensive was my hand held Peavey the rest where radio shack, everything recorded in the same room at once, vocals recorded later. stereo speakers as monitors...

come on post some of your first trys.

I already posted one of mine, and killed off half this board.... :D

I could post another and screw th ewhole thing up..... :eek:

DS, that is some kicking shit!!!!
Straight ahead rocker here. A whole band, or what? Give us some specifics....
I like the tune. You captured some sounds I didn't know existed in home recordings 11 years ago....
Very full tones, and I can hear the whole band.. Solo fit very well......

Cool...
Ed

It was a friend of a friends band, they were only togather for about 3 months before they broke up, I just did the recording, I surprised it turned out so good as it did myself with the setup I had to work with, it was though the first gen Mackie 16 ch. boards, the one with only 3 band e.q. i'm not even talking about the quasi-para either. 1 mic on each guitar, 3 mics on drums, 1 on bass, so I guess that's 6 mics, like I said all cheap (no condensers here), It was done in his basement, the band in one room and me 2 feet from the door with the equipment setup on a card table, it was the first time I recorded a full band with my own equipment out of a studio.

ds21 said:
It was a friend of a friends band, they were only togather for about 3 months before they broke up, I just did the recording, I surprised it turned out so good as it did myself with the setup I had to work with, it was though the first gen Mackie 16 ch. boards, the one with only 3 band e.q. i'm not even talking about the quasi-para either. 1 mic on each guitar, 3 mics on drums, 1 on bass, so I guess that's 6 mics, like I said all cheap (no condensers here), It was done in his basement, the band in one room and me 2 feet from the door with the equipment setup on a card table, it was the first time I recorded a full band with my own equipment out of a studio.

Well, you did an awesome job on it...My compliments, for what they are worth...
Ed

Back