My drum module is electricuting me!

Anomaly Design

Somethings very wrong with my Roland TD-10. I turn it on and the output makes constant feedback noises. The module itself is fine, all buttons and menus work, its picking up the triggers. When I hit a drum it kind of worked but now no sound is coming out except the horrid din of feedback. I hooked my amp up to each 1/4" output and received several shocks while doing so. I then turned it off and proceeded to curse furiously.

It seems to be just the outputs. If I press the jack in far enough the sound stops. Does anyone know whats causing this and if its possible to fix, or should I just send it to Roland to be fixed?

Send it back for sure. Hopefully you registered your product with the warranty slip and you have your receipt stored where you can find it. The sockets where the buzzing comes from are most likely defective or they weren't installed properly. How old is your unit? Getting electrical shocks is obvioulsly not normal unless your drums are set up in a puddle of something!

I got shafted by someone on eBay. It worked for a while then that started happening and apparantly its too late to do anything about it. Sadly I'll have to pay for it to be fixed. I paid $600, but it could be worse.

Any idea how much its gonna cost? Thanks alot for the help!

Back