My cover of Coldplay's Trouble

....I never meant to do you wrong....

I wont pretend to be a recording expert but I'll just say I liked it a lot. It could've done with some backing, parts of it(esp when u weren't singing) seemed very sparse. A bit of lead or a bassline would have done wonders for it. If you know any piano players it would go down a treat on this song.

the vocals were good too, quite close to the original IMO.

Was there a chord mistake around 2:24?? Covered up well enough if there was. :)

Well done man. I liked it a lot.

I liked it too, a bit too close to the original though.

The main thing is that I enjoyed listening to it, thats what counts....

Regards,
Paul

This is one of my favorite songs of recent. Nice job capturing the essence in a stripped-down version.

You have a beautiful, smooth voice.

Thanks guys. Yeah, there is a little mistake around 2:24, but this was a quick "one take" thing, so I was lazy and left it. Maybe if I ever get around to it, I'll try adding a bassline or backing of some kind. :)

good song.
I really like the song and the video.

your voice is quite close to the original. its a bit muffled due to the type of mic,,,,but as good as you can get/

GREAT VOICE MAN...............Did somebody say that already?:D

seriously though, especially with that mic, I'd have to quit smoking cigs, drink a couple gallons of tea and pray for a miricle to get a vocal take like that!

BTW, I'm not a production expert and I know that this was only a practice take for you but sometimes another set of ears helps.....on my stereo the guitar sounds too thin , too much high end.........

-nave

this will keep me up for a while.

This is a freaking good job. THe delivery and the space make it sound so musical.

I loved the vocal sound. Warm, if a bit midrangey. Was that a 58?
I wish the guitar was also as warm.

now, tell me, what reverb did you have on the voice, and what were the settings.

Funk on!

not too bad for your first attempt at a complete track. The guitar sounds ok...if not a tad too sustain(y). The vocals also have some sibilance, that needs to be addressed. Also the tracks are little on the hissy side. All these problems might have happened with your compression. this track does have compression...eh?? I'd back it off a little, and use compression so it is not noticeable. Also...watch that final fade on the last note...Nice singing, btw...;)

Well I am going to say it again......GREAT VOICE!!!

Man you should do some a radio head cover next. Do you like that band Ours? They have an amazing vocalist. VERY VERY nice job on the song. Put this one on your demo album and take it when you go to places.

Beezoboy

Ps - I heard the guitar thing to around 2:24...On that guitar sample (the other download)...It seems a little boomy.

Beezoboy

Thanks all for the compliments on the vocals.

mixmkr/trackrat:

I probably went a little overboard with the compression, thanks for pointing that out, along with the silibance/hissy issue.

cyan:

The reverb is the directx TC Native plugin. The settings are mostly default; a large square room w/ 2.5 sec decay, 17% mix. I personally like it a lot better than Waves' Trueverb, although I probably haven't learned to fully utilize the Trueverb yet. The mic (the only one I have:() is a sm57.

Beezoboy:

I've never heard Ours, but I'll check them out.

Sounded pretty cool. I thought there was some type of tube in the chain. It was very warm sounding. The 57 works well on your voice. If you could add an ECM8000 to the acoustic it would give you nice high end and a fuller acoustic sound. It blends well with the 57.

If I got a ecm8000, what would be the best way to mic the acoustic guitar? Has anyone tried close micing with the sm57, and using the ecm as a room mic? Or maybe I should get 2 ecm's? What do you think?

niiice

Hello,
The guitar was exellente and the vocals were fabulous! Although mabye next time you should go with some one with a little stronger voice. But it was great...you should try writting somthing unique. I love it!

one of my favorite bands!

hey i really enjoyed your cover, especially of one of my fav songs....it's tough to hit chris martin's falsetto type voice, but you did a great job =)....you should definitely try playing Coldplay - See You Soon, it's an all acoustic song, perfect for you.....hope to hear more soon

Back