my band, recorded with a shitty radioshack mic

covana said:
my band, recorded with a shitty radioshack mic

Yep, Sounds like it. I hope you know that? I hope you didn't post this thinking it sounded good on that shitty mic? Did you put the mic in the middle of the room? You sound decent (the band not the mic) though. *Reminder* I don't care if you wanted my opinion or not. But, I gave it anyway. Singer needs to tighin up a bit. GL,HF.

L8er,
livilaNic

BTW I like the site.

Well, sounds better than some of the stuff I used to do a few years ago (kareoke mic > kareoke machine > cheap tapes). Your drummer needs some work, but other than that you guys are cool I guess. Not exactly my style of music but you guys have something going on :p

Take a little time.

The song ideas are pretty good, put together pretty well too.....

BUT
#1 that drummer needs lots of help.

#2The guitarist(s) needs to work on his bends.

jake-owa said:
And you expect people to waste their time on it?

nu uh...nope

I think Jake is right here...Everybody wants to get their music heard. So spend a little more time putting together a little bit of a better product (performance and production) before you put it out there.

I am saying this because it sounds as if you have the capability to do something better, but you're just trying to get it out there to be heard,

Believe me I have a bunch of song ideas with ME singing into a minidisc...that would make your ears bleed ---I am in love with the ideas but I will wait until I can get them recorded half way decent with a good singer before I subject you guys to it.

I got a bad REP POINT?! WTF! I know it was you jake.

And..if it wasn't I'll hunt you down like the dawg you are! DIE!

J/K
livilaNic

I understand that a shitty Radio Shack mic was used but what was it used on. Everything? Vocals? How did you record the songs?
I read the reviews before I listened and expected a total crap fest but it really wasn't that bad. The first song sounded better to me than the second. The tempo speeds up during the chorus on the second song and there are other time issues but I think it was cool to listen to. I wouldn't say it was "pro" quality, but its far from bad.

livilaNic said:
I got a bad REP POINT?! WTF! I know it was you jake.

And..if it wasn't I'll hunt you down like the dawg you are! DIE!

J/K
livilaNic
'
Nope, I just gave you a fresh one to prove it.
Congratulations!

Back