my acoustic mix opinions

bstarstudios

Useless Thoughts
heres a track i recorded and mixed, features acoustic guitar some piano and some strings. lemme know what you all think, this was recorded a month or two ago before i got my newer gear, but i got around to working on the mix more recently.

Attachments

• finalsherwood.mp3
    2.6 MB · Views: 27
Sounds ok bstar...I like the reverb(s) used which gives it a nice sense of space. I also liked the strings as a backdrop.

The acoustic guitar(s) seemed maybe a bit boomy, and the piano playing was a bit clumsy at times, but the sound of it was ok.

The tune itself was maybe a bit too simple either in terms of the arrangement, the melody, or both...not sure. Just my uninformed opinion mind you :).

thanks guys. yeah i am no means a piano player, just messing around with it. and i do agree its a simple tune a bit too simple for me even but i used it as the music for a radio commercial i was working on.

after listening a few times i can defiantly hear the boomy acoustic. gotta work on that

Hey there. I agree with the too simple comments above, but it's not a deal breaker because I have alot of stuff that is in the same vain.

The piano parts are not really in sync with the song at times, like they're maybe a half a beat behind, unless it's on purpose. The last bit of the song with the piano trills seem a bit unneccessary, but that's just IMO.

It's for a commercial so I doubt you'll be adding vocals or anything, but it does seem like a good base to sing over. Just a thought.

Nice work

Hey there. I agree with the too simple comments above, but it's not a deal breaker because I have alot of stuff that is in the same vain.

The piano parts are not really in sync with the song at times, like they're maybe a half a beat behind, unless it's on purpose. The last bit of the song with the piano trills seem a bit unneccessary, but that's just IMO.

It's for a commercial so I doubt you'll be adding vocals or anything, but it does seem like a good base to sing over. Just a thought.

Nice work

thanks man, yeah ive since realized my piano parts are a bit out of sync (not on purpose). and no vocals added, just added spoken word, got an A so i cant complain.

Back