My 1010lt won't record in 24bit.

dmbpettit

Here is my setup:

Sonar 4
Audiophile 2496
Delta 66
Delta 1010

I do not have them synced through spdif as of yet, but the 3 cards have been working in sync(except for this problem). Each time I set the bit rate to 24 bits in Sonar and then restart the program, I get an error sayingb that one of my cards does not support the currect bit rate and Sonar will not revert to back to 16 bit. What is going on?

Another wierd thing is I cannot set the cards 96k. If I do so in Sonar and in the M-audio control panel, I get nothing but the sound you get when you need to run the wave profiler. Any suggestions?

For clarification:

I believe the 1010lt is at fault because before I added it, the other cards we fine at 24 bit. But I have never got 96k to work.

Which version of Windows do you have?
Which (if any) card is being used by Windows sounds?
What driver type are you using in Sonar?

The Sonar error message is often caused by a sound driver already being used by another process - usually this is Windows own system sounds which can hold the sample-rate and even prevent Sonar from starting if in its default WDM/KS driver mode.

Under audio options in SONAR...do you have the playback timing master and the playback timing master set to M-Audio Delta?

You may have to delete the audio.ini file and reprofile the card. Also, be sure the M-audio Control panel is running (probobly minimized). Under harware settings, make sure you don't have the "Rate Locked" checked

yeah i was going to say what punkin said..make sure the rate is locked on 96 on all of them. after installing the third card though, dont you think its time to sync them?

To answer some of the questions;

Windows XP Pro
WDM Drivers
For windows, it uses the 2496 for all of its stuff.
The recording and playback timing master is set to the 2496 since it is the first in the chain of three ( the others are multicard synced).

I don't have any other programs running. I know in the past if I have Windows Media player running, Sonar doesn't work, but I checked all the stuff. I will definately try locking the rate 96 but I

So everything is great in 24bit land. All three cards are working fine. But I still cannot record in anything high than 44.1. When ever I set it to anything higher, the sound is garbled as though I need to run the wave profiler again. I have done that, I even deleted the aud.ini file. Any suggestions?

Jim Y said:
Which version of Windows do you have?
Which (if any) card is being used by Windows sounds?
What driver type are you using in Sonar?

The Sonar error message is often caused by a sound driver already being used by another process - usually this is Windows own system sounds which can hold the sample-rate and even prevent Sonar from starting if in its default WDM/KS driver mode.

I'd back that, things like WinAMP, Windows Media Player, and anything that plays any audio.

- Idgeit

Back