MxTrax

Heard of it, yes ...
Used it ... no.
They used to sell it packaged with Digital Audio Labs V8 systems.
The features look good for mxtracks ... although I'm particularly interested in some of their Surround and DTS software. Quite frankly, I'm a little surprised that you don't hear so much about them. Their products look good, maybe they need to market themselves a little better. The company has been around for a while ... mainly getting their start by supplying the standard application to complement the V8. Their product line has expanded quite a bit in the last couple years, though.

You should check out one of their demos:
http://www.minnetonkaaudio.com/Demos_3.htm

I would like to get the Mx51 surround sound software. I am not sure way you don't here more about them either, but I did an intense software search for other dts mixer and encoding software and came up with nothing other than minnetonka. I thought for sure professional surround sound audio recording software would appear somewhere, maybe protools has plugins for surround. And I did find dedicated outboard gear that "Hollywood" probably uses.

So I don't know anything about just mtracks, but that surround software looks killer!!

Back