MXL Mic Mate XLR to USB Interface W/Phantom Pwr compatible with cakewalk?

ziz

MXL Mic Mate XLR to USB Interface W/Phantom Pwr is it compatible with cakewalk sonar home recording studio 6? I am running on PC windows 7? Also i am running a sound card called sound blast xfi! I am having trouble setting it up to work in the Cakewalk software! I press record and it does not record I see it in the input but no cigars! Can someone please me out!!

Typically, you can only use one audio device at a time. SO if you want to use the Mic Mate, you have to disable your soundcard. When you say you can see the Mic Mate, do you mean you can set it as an input and actually see the level meters moving, or just that you can check it in the audio devices box.

It will definately work with Cakewalk. It's just to get it configured.

thank you

i can see it in the drop down input spot! but i see what you are saying disable the sound card then hook that up also! would i be able to record and see the change when i do this change! I really appreciate it!!! Is there a way to contact you tonight? i will be home @ 7pm just asking I had spend so much money getting this off the ground I can use all the help i can get!! if you can if not i understand!! i will try though what u said!!

Sure you can PM me if you want to call.

In the meantime,

You want to make sure the Mic Mate is selected as your input AND output device. It becomes your soundcard, and disable the internal card, or at least it is not selected in your global options.

Now with the MIc Mate as your audio device, create an audio track. In the input dropdown, you should see the mic mate, select it. Also, in the output, select it as the output as well. Now if you arm the track, you should see the signal meters registering the level. Click record and you are good to go.

To listen, you need to plug headphones or speakers into the Mic Mate, remember, this is now your soundcard. To listen while recording, click on the input monitor button beside the arm track icon on the audio track you are recording.

Good Luck

Back