MXL 990 and 991 Pack?

Brad_C

Well the other day I used the MXL 990 for recording vocals and I loved it and was amazed by this lower end microphone. I was checking it out and it turns out I can buy the 990 and 991 in a pack for cheaper. I am asking anyone who has used this mix or own it, do you think that it would be a good mic to have in my collection?

if you search around you can find a million threads about them. they sound good for live recordings, i can tell you that much!

I bought this set a couple of months ago, and have been really pleased so far. I have only used the small diaphragm condenser a little, but the large condenser has a pretty good sound. For only $100.00, it's pretty tough to beat.

They have their applications. I like the 990 for fingerpicking acoustic and some vox. The 991 is the brighter of the two and might be used for some vox or 12-string accoustic.
I think it's worth the price.

pikingrin said:
I bought this set a couple of months ago, and have been really pleased so far. I have only used the small diaphragm condenser a little, but the large condenser has a pretty good sound. For only $100.00, it's pretty tough to beat.

It is not a LDC.
They both use the same 20mm Gold-sputtered diaphragm

Back