MXL 920 for $100

xb2003

I already have that AT2035 ordered, but should i try to cancel that and go for this mic? I cant find many reviews on it. Anyone used it? I see that it doesnt have a Low Cut or a 10db switch, but i could at least cut the lows with an EQ? Or would i not get the same effect?

Thanks.

Ok. When i wasn't finding any reviews i started to get that impression anyways. The mic just shipped a few minutes ago, so its pretty much too late. I just saw it pop on Musicians Friends Stupid Deal of the Day and it seemed like a good deal at first. Haha Thanks.

personally...Id give the 920 a shot over the 2035...i have not had a 2035, but I have had a 2020 and a 3035 an really didnt like either of them...I have had several MXL mics and overall, I feel more comfortable with MXL than the low AT mics

Get both and sell the one you like least if you don't want to absorb the $100. I got a pair of MXL 990's on cheapie sale just to see how they sounded being that inexpensive and made the discovery that they work amazingly well on trumpet which is something I'd been looking for.

Back