MXL 603S or AT 3035 for this application

Brad166

I realy like the sound of the AT3035 for micing my acoustic guitar, but Im curious about the MXL 603S. I cant try these out anywhere so Im asking your advice. I can either get a AT 3035 or get two MXL 603S for stereo micing it. What would produce the best results. The 3035 sounds nice, but need opinions before i drop the cash. Thanks everyone!!!!!

Either get the 603's or a pair of oktava mc012 . . . or try some out and get whatever you like.

BTW -- Do a fucking search. It's not like this topic hasn't been covered.

Thats cool man. I actualy did a search and found alot of great info on the MXL 603S and the AT3035, but never in a comparative nature. I was hoping someone out there owned both and could say something helpful like what one would fair the best for the money.

BTW - Did your parents ever tell you "If you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all"? You dont have to respond to every post put on the board. If you dont like what your reading you can just pass it by.

Brad,

I don't know how old you are or your educational background, but if you've ever rushed for a fraternity . . . you'll remember that it wasn't so easy as to interview and you're in. There's a certain right of passage / initiation / hazing process that comes with being a newbie on this forum. And one of those is that you have to put up with my wrath for asking a dumb question. :D :D

You see, every year around this time, we get a whoooole slew of newbs, and they all come out of the woodworks at once, wanting to know what mic they should have their mom & dad get them for christmas.

And someone's gotta' weed through some of this mess, and make sure that only the ones with a sense of humor get through. :D You see, we don't want every Tom, Dick, and Peter cluttering up our board with "What's the best Goddamn mic for $20?" threads.

It just gets too damn tedius for us regulars to sift through them all in the faint hopes of having some inkling of intelligent conversation every once in a while. If your heart is still dead set on asking a question that begins with "What's best . . . " or "What's better . . ." then try www.harmonycentral.com

Thanks

You know what Chessrock, I agree. And I will try to utilize the "search" feature for the board alittle more. I will also try and keep the "What's the best Goddamn mic for $20?" threads off the board.

I will also make a mental note not to tell the new guy (or anyone for that matter) to "Do a fucking search...." so I dont come off as big of an ass as you have. Thanks alot for your "help".

Oh good....I'm glad Brad got a little snippy at the end there. I thought he was gonne let you push him around.

Do you realize how much of a fucking tool you sound like when you said shit like "It just gets too damn tedious for us regulars...."

Give me a fucking break, dude....it's a public message board. Stop being such a prick.

Alright Brad. You asked a dumb question . . . but you owned up to it. And you didn't back down from me or put up with any of my shit. So you're in. :D

And Mike BL . . . Yea, in fact I do realize what a prick I sounded like. It was my intention to sound that way, and it appears I've succeeded, so thanks for the vote of confidence.

Now, if you'd rather talk about what $10 microphone is better than the other $50 microphone, by all means carry on and be my guest. It is a public message board.

hey man, welcome. I have an AT3035 sitting at home as we speak. I use it on ALL vox and ALL acoustic guits. Sounds AWESOME. no complaints. I havent used the other mic though so no comparisons. sorry. get the AT. nothing but good reviews.

CanopuS said:
Tis not like chessrock to act like that. Somethings odd with the forum today... :D

Look, I'm sorry guys. It's been a while since I've gotten any nookie from the girl . . . Chirstmas shopping is driving me nuts. I'm acting like an asshole.

Accept my apology?

You said"I like the 3035 for this"
use it
save your gas for when you hear something you don't like
In HIs Name
Big Kenny

lol chess. I wasn't attacking it. I would accept the apology, but you don't really need to apologise. Now lets all go have some jam sandwiches..

Well all the books I read say to try small condenser mics for acoustic guitar. Thats the reason for my question befor I got the 3035. Im going to do some ferther looking befor the purcase will be made. Thank you all so much for your input and the welcomes.

Back