MXL 603's Matched

It doesn't really say that they are a matched pair - just "stereo pair" You might want to look into how well they are matched (if at all) for sensitivity and frequency response.

They're selling a single 603 for $72.95 w/o shock mount, and one with shock mount for $100 (the shock mount alone is $25), so even if they're not matched you still get the case for $4.

It says "Stereo Pair" not matched, so whatever that really means I don't know.

Also, that is a NEW idem (package), and they don't have that in stock yet.

I have some of those back orderd with 8th street, and I think they said they should have them in stock sometime next week. :)

I also ordered these from 8th Street this week. They sent me an email Friday to say they were out of stock and would have them in 10 days. So I searched around and found the kit at mtlc.net. I wrote to them and their reply was:

"There was a short time that these mics became unavailable, as MXL was waiting for new cases, but they should start shipping again this Monday ... We actually know the guy who matches these mics for MXL, and he has excellent ears."

Of course, I don't know the guy at mtlc.net, but it sounds promising. Their price is also 199 with free shipping.

wren

wrenhunter said:
I also ordered these from 8th Street this week. They sent me an email Friday to say they were out of stock and would have them in 10 days. So I searched around and found the kit at mtlc.net. I wrote to them and their reply was:

"There was a short time that these mics became unavailable, as MXL was waiting for new cases, but they should start shipping again this Monday ... We actually know the guy who matches these mics for MXL, and he has excellent ears."

Of course, I don't know the guy at mtlc.net, but it sounds promising. Their price is also 199 with free shipping.

wren

Thank you for the 8th street 603S shipping update. I got free shipping from 8th also, but I ordered more than just two mic's. I don't know the stoner in the warehouse testing a shit-load of Marshall MXL603S's for a living either, but that job must really SUCK.

IMO, the Marshall MXL603S is a great mic, and they're so dirt cheap everyone should have them in their mic locker.

Last edited:
I am ordering the ones from aaaudio (avantaudio.com or whatever) and the guy, Ken, has been great to deal with. He will probably do it for 189 with free shipping. I recommend them.

Jeremy

How come the avantonline website doesnt work?

The only page that displays is the one that is linked above, and none of the navigation links in the sidebar work. And going to www.avantonline.com doesn't work either.

I emailed him and he said he'd chip to canada!! So i'm very interested in what other gear he sells.

Is this a reliable site?

ambi said:
How come the avantonline website doesnt work?

The only page that displays is the one that is linked above, and none of the navigation links in the sidebar work. And going to www.avantonline.com doesn't work either.

I emailed him and he said he'd chip to canada!! So i'm very interested in what other gear he sells.

Is this a reliable site?

Ambi,

The page works fine for me. The side bars are coded in Javascript. It is possible that your browser does not support that type of language. What version are you using?

Fangar

Back