Mxl 1006bp

Kiauma

I have looked through this forum and I have found no information on this microphone. I have also searched the internet, and have found very little info on it! Is this because it is a mid-low level mic? I really like that it is a low priced mic with some good qualities, and I especially like that it does not require external power.

I do not do much recording. I just want a decent mic I can maybe record some sounds on with my computer and maybe some flute music, to put with a drum beat or something.

Does anyone have any experience with this microphone? Can anyone recommend a new microphone of simular price (I can get the 'kit' for less than $100) with as good or better quality?

I appreciate any info.

Kiauma said:
I do not do much recording. I just want a decent mic I can maybe record some sounds on with my computer and maybe some flute music, to put with a drum beat or something.

Does anyone have any experience with this microphone? Can anyone recommend a new microphone of simular price (I can get the 'kit' for less than $100) with as good or better quality?

I appreciate any info.

It is crazy how a remark like the first statement quoted can lead to an actual studio. I have recorded an artist recently using a MXL 990. You will find that there is a split here between people that like it and those that don't. My vocalist loves it. Here she is on this very mic.

-Savoy-
www.iceestudios.com

Wow, I googled the 990 and it does seem like a very good <$100 mic. I appreciate your input.

Still, the specs, the recomendations, and the fact that the 1006BP will operate without phantom pwr lean me to choose the 1006BP.

I will most likely get a 990 eventually though. ;)

I received my 1006BP the other day and finally got it hooked up and working. :)

I had to make a cable ( after I figured out the diff 'tween high and low Z pin-out) and plugged it directly into my Audigy2. I had to kick the input level all the way up to get decent volume but it works great! A nice warm tone up close. I did some experimental recording and it seems it will work great once I learn the right placement and how to play. :p

Still, I can see I am going to have a lot of fun, even before I get some decent equipment (like a good pre and a boom).

I definitely feel I have gotten my money's worth.

Back