mxl 1006bp

martinepiphone

is this a good mic...set going for 99.00: mic, shockmount, and case, and windscreen
i need a condenser mic for home recording, and looking heavilly towards the sp b1, but just checking everything out before i actually buy
i will spend anywhere from 80.00 - 125.00 or so, and i would like to have a shockmount and case, but not necessarilly case.

anyone have any expierence with t his mic though, thats pretty cheap, i want a decent mic. i just want to know if anyone has used it, thanks for that info though, man if i could get that mic for only 50$ that would be awesome, so ill check into
that
thanks!

As for the sound of the mic: I do have one. It kind of depends on your level of experience. If it's your first condenser, it will wow you. It sounds pretty good on acoustic guitar, but can be sibilant on vocals. It is a very sensitive mic.

no, i have phantom power, so would i be better off going and getting somethint else? i just want something that i can record with and it be ok, even when i want to upgrade, it might even hold its own then. i really dont want to settle for something just becuase its my first, i still want to get something of decent q

quality, sorry i accidentally hit enter. i want to get something that i will be able to use in the present and maybe in the time to come. just an all around mic, because ill be using it as much or more for acoustic guitar as well as vocals
thanks!

Back