Musicman Stingray trade for Warwick?

moelar2

I need your advice...

I've never been into fender style basses; but to be fair, I had never really given them a shot. I had always played Ibanez and I liked the fuller more round sound (that I thought was an Ibanez quality). Now, I realize you can get all that and more from a musicman (or many higher end bass; the basses I played previously were intermediate b/t $400-$600 range Ibanez). It's been a real good bass to me.

I also have a seldomly used Spector Bubinga 4 string. I've always wanted a warwick. Always. But is this a smart trade??? Musicman Stingray + Spector Bubinga (new costs $599) for a Warwick "Corvette $$ Double Buck 4 String." I played it briefly at Guitar Center and it felt great. It sounded awesome! My friend will buy my musicman for $850 (what he originally sold it to ME for) and is willing to take my Spector to GC and make the trade (plus $850 he'd owe me for musicman) for the Warwick, which sells for $1349.

Should I do it?

I need your advice...

I've never been into fender style basses; but to be fair, I had never really given them a shot. I had always played Ibanez and I liked the fuller more round sound (that I thought was an Ibanez quality). Now, I realize you can get all that and more from a musicman (or many higher end bass; the basses I played previously were intermediate b/t $400-$600 range Ibanez). It's been a real good bass to me.

I also have a seldomly used Spector Bubinga 4 string. I've always wanted a warwick. Always. But is this a smart trade??? Musicman Stingray + Spector Bubinga (new costs $599) for a Warwick "Corvette $$ Double Buck 4 String." I played it briefly at Guitar Center and it felt great. It sounded awesome! My friend will buy my musicman for $850 (what he originally sold it to ME for) and is willing to take my Spector to GC and make the trade (plus $850 he'd owe me for musicman) for the Warwick, which sells for $1349.

Should I do it?

Ask your question here:
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8

There are a whole lot of folks there who are very knowledgeable about basses and the pros and cons of particular makes and models.

Keep the musicman & trade the other for whatever you fancy.
I have a semiacoustic bass & a solid body so that the available tonal range is, for me, better.

I ended up going through with the trade. So far no regrets... But it's true what everyone said; they are two completely different types of bass. Not really comparable.

I ended up going through with the trade. So far no regrets... But it's true what everyone said; they are two completely different types of bass. Not really comparable.

I recently upgraded my old stingray 4. I almost went with the warwick $$...at the last minute, i grabbed the SR4 HH...very happy i did. What a solid bass with sweeping tones.
A nice improvement over the 'old' SR4.

Back