Musician's Workshop Group Buy Instructions

Zetajazz44

Due to the volume of "How To" questions being asked about the Group Buy, I thought I'd start this new thread and I'll post instructions, along with screen shots of how to proceed through the registration and product management sections of the group buy.

REGISTRATION FOR THE GROUP BUY

1. Follow this link to the registration page: http://www.n344rb.com/MUSICIANSWORKSHOP/

You will arrive at the following page:
Register_Page1_a.gif

The "Magnifying Glass" icons beside the products will open a new pop-up window displaying product details. If you have a pop-up blocker running, you will have to set it to allow pop-ups while on this page or you won't be able to view this.

The 2 links below the products: "Click Here to View Microphone Details and Photos" & "Click Here to View Mic PreAmp Details and Photos" are links that will take you to http://www.the-musicians-workshop.com, and will display more detailed information about the products in this group buy.

You may also enter your product quantities at this time during registration, or you can leave them all at "0" and modify them later using the "User Console", instructions of which will be in a seperate post within this thread.

**IMPORTANT**
You MUST select a group buy from the drop down box labeled: "Group Buy" in order to populate the available products for a particular group buy.

After filling out all of the required fields, click the [REGISTER] button to complete your registration.

Upon successful registration, an email will be sent to the address that you specified during the registration process as a receipt of your registration. If you don't receive this email, please check your SPAM blocker or BULK MAIL folders for it as it does get sent every registration and will arrive provided it does not get blocked by a blocker on the recipient's end.

Last edited:
Zetajazz44,

I have been following the group buy and will be participating, and while this instrustion walkthrough is appreciated, I was under the impression the pricing was not to be published on the public forums. The screen shot you provided shows pricing on the items.

I could be wrong, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Brutus

User Console Instructions

USER CONSOLE INSTRUCTIONS

The User Console was created to give a portal for you to edit your user details and manage the products you select during this group buy.

You can get to the User Console here: http://www.n344rb.com/MUSICIANSWORKSHOP/UserConsole/

You can also get there by going to the main registration page and clicking the button labeled: "User Console".

Upon using either of these methods to get to the login page for the User Console, you will arrive at the login page show below:
UserConsole_LoginPage_a.gif

In the "Email Address" field, you will type in the email address that you used to register with earlier. On your first login to this User Console, your password will be "password", without the quotes of course. After logging in, you will be able to change this password, which I highly advise doing.

If after changing your password, you forget it, there is a link on this User Console login page "Forgot Password" that will allow you to retrieve your forgotten password. It will be emailed to the email address that you registered with originally.

The CAPTCHA is CASE SENSITIVE! - Re-type is just as it appears on the screen upper-case and/or lower-case.

Upon successful login to the User Console, you will arrive at the page below:
UserConsole_FirstPageAfterLogin_a.gif

The above page is rather intuative, but I will explain.

Clicking the "Edit User Details" button allows you to edit your user details such as name, email address...etc. Clicking this button will take you to the page below:
UserConsole_EditUserDetails_a.gif

Clicking the "Change Password" button allows you to change your password that you use to log into the User Console. Clicking this button will take you to the page below:
UserConsole_ChangePassword_a.gif

Clicking the "Edit Icon":
editicon.gif
shown beside each product allows you to edit the quantities of that particular product. Clicking this icon will cause the following page to appear:
UserConsole_EditProduct_a.gif

Simply change the quantity number beside the product to the desired quantity and click the [SAVE] button to modify the quantity of that product in your group buy.

Clicking the "Delete Icon":
delete_icon.gif
allows you to delete that particular product from your group buy.

If you would like to add a product, click the "Add Product" button and you will arrive at the page below:
UserConsole_AddProducts_a.gif

Simply change the quantity number beside each product to the desired quantity and click the [SAVE] button to add products to your group buy.

Last edited:
Zetajazz44,

I have been following the group buy and will be participating, and while this instrustion walkthrough is appreciated, I was under the impression the pricing was not to be published on the public forums. The screen shot you provided shows pricing on the items.

I could be wrong, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Brutus

Yep, you are correct. I have modified the images to remove the pricing...

Zeta,

Thanks a lot for doing all this! This is a huge undertaking for Chance to do on his own and I'm sure that all the help is greatly appreciated by everyone on this board.

this may not be a huge issue

but i thought i'd throw it out:

the pricing information is available

to any anonymous web surfer.

this sort of defeats the purpose

of not having prices posted

on the boards

or on chance's website.

might it be a good idea

to make this info available

only after registering

and logging in?

Zeta,

Thanks a lot for doing all this! This is a huge undertaking for Chance to do on his own and I'm sure that all the help is greatly appreciated by everyone on this board.

You, Chance and the entire board is welcome!

As I told Chance, I'm a software developer, with 13 years experience, mostly on the web, and I'm temporarily out of work... SO, I have a bit of time on my hands and thought I could help Chance out... as I know it has to be a bit undertaking for him.

Thanks in advance,

Randy
Zetajazz44

this may not be a huge issue

but i thought i'd throw it out:

the pricing information is available

to any anonymous web surfer.

this sort of defeats the purpose

of not having prices posted

on the boards

or on chance's website.

might it be a good idea

to make this info available

only after registering

and logging in?

You are correct. I have made this change to the registration page. It doesn't show any pricing until AFTER you have registered, then log back into the User Console...

Thanks in advance,

Randy
Zetajazz44

You are correct. I have made this change to the registration page. It doesn't show any pricing until AFTER you have registered, then log back into the User Console...

Thanks in advance,

Randy
Zetajazz44
hey

many many thanks

to you and especially chance

for doing all this.

great job!

When I log in to the user console I don't see the add product or print page buttons. Instead I get a black box with black text that you can only see when it is highlighted. It says:

error '80020009'

/MUSICIANSWORKSHOP/UserConsole/Home.asp, line 338

I'm using Firefox/2.0.0.6

When I log in to the user console I don't see the add product or print page buttons. Instead I get a black box with black text that you can only see when it is highlighted. It says:

error '80020009'

/MUSICIANSWORKSHOP/UserConsole/Home.asp, line 338

I'm using Firefox/2.0.0.6

Thanks for bringing this to my attention... This was a bug that was only associated with your account and 3 others... Would have been very hard to find...

It if fixed now... You should be able to proceed.

Thanks in advance,

Randy
Zetajazz44

ok so i did all the stuff that it said and i picked out the stuff that i want so what do i do now?
where do i pay and how long before i get my stuff?
im sorry if im so ignorant about this but ..how does a group buy work?

ok so i did all the stuff that it said and i picked out the stuff that i want so what do i do now?
where do i pay and how long before i get my stuff?
im sorry if im so ignorant about this but ..how does a group buy work?

It is not a quick process. But the gear is cheap, right?

Here's a best guess of timing and process based on the prior Group Buy.

I expect that Chance will send you a Paypal invoice for payment. This won't occur until after the participation period ends (the actual participation end date hasn't yet been announced AFAIK - there was some earlier reference to having a month to participate). Keep in mind that the actual final price, and perhaps the availability of certain models, will depend on how many of each item are ordered. So item costs may yet change (presumably downwards). There will be a cutoff date for payment.

Once everyone has been invoiced and has paid, Chance will wire the money to China. They will then build the ordered gear and ship it back to Chance who will break it down and repackage it. You should then receive a separate Paypal invoice for shipping your individual purchases to you. Once you have paid that second invoice, your gear will be shipped to you. I'd figure at least 3-4 months from when the money is wired to China. Some of the timing may depend on whether the new arrangement for breaking down the bulk shipment to individual shipments is more efficient than last time. I believe that Chance will be using a separate company to do that, instead of doing it all himself (with the help of a few volunteer HR board members) like last time. Last time I recollect that it took about a month just to get all the mics repackaged and shipped (there was literally over a ton of mics).

Chance, or anyone else feel free to chime in and make any needed corrections. :D

Hey I posted on the main GB thread about the email box being too short. Thanks for sorting that out!.. but the "confirm email" still restricts the characters!

Gareth:)

Back