Musician's Friend customer service

crazydoc

Master Baiter
Just wanted to compliment MF on their service. I recently ordered a couple of these when they were $50 each on the stupid deal of the day. They were advertised to come with electronic tuners ( http://www.amazon.com/Qwik-Tune-QT-8-Guitar-Tuner/dp/B0002F75EW ) but instead came with plastic pitch pipes. Initially they told me the manufacturer had changed the contents of the package and that was just the way it was, but when I pressed the issue they sent me two of these: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Friend-DT220-Guitar-Bass-Violin-Tuner?sku=210070

So they did the right thing, and I just wanted to let folks know about their service.

And the guitar is a decent player too. :)

Yeah, I'd have to agree. They recentley changed their warehouse, so apparentley one (or some) of the BIN #'s were mixed up. I ordered all new drum heads and the one 10" Remo Clear Ambassador I ordered didn't come and instead they sent me a 10" Powerstroke III. I called and they didn't even make me return the Powerstroke. However, when the new head came... IT WAS STILL A POWERSTROKE III! So i called again, this time they made me return the Powestroke III but finally when the head arrived it was the right one. It took a little time but I ended up with a free backup head for my 10" tom.

Over all, good stuff. Just took a little while.

I have very mixed feelings about MF. I've had 2 very large orders get clusterfucked to death. But, once I finally got past the idiots on the phones and got a hold of management, things got done quick and they saved me a ton of money and swapped out some stuff to my advantage.

Their product selection and pricing is great. Their customer service and shipping practices suck douche.

I'd really like to, but I doubt I'll ever buy anything from them again. It would have to be a screaming deal to go through this headache again.

i've had a MF mix-up or two ....

but i never care to much, ever since my ungodly experience the ONE time i ordered from music123.com - that will never happen again.

i go with americanmusical.com whenever i can... and only check zzounds for the occasional killer deal on factory-resealed items.

I've done business with MF for over 10 years. I've only received one defective item from them in that time--a mic stand that had a cracked bushing so it wouldn't stay in the extended position. When I contacted their customer service they immediately sent me the prepaid shipping labels to return it.
For major purchases I just drive to their warehouse in KC so I can try before I buy since it's only an hour from where I live.

I've made about ten orders from them in the past, and I've had to return items from two of them. I've never had a problem. Great customer service, average prices....

MF's service is great. i ordered a mic, then because a friend called 2 hours later and told me i could borrow his for the time being, i wanted to cancel. phoned em up, they cancelled it and sent the rest of my order just like normal. great people, low price.

I've had over a dozen purchases ranging from $100 up to $700. Most every order was for multiple items.

Two of the orders had mistakes. The first was a kit for a keyboard (keybord also on same order) withe power supply, damper pedal etc. They sent me the package twice. I returned it letting them know it was coming. The other error was when I order 2 pairs of senneiser headphones, they accidently sent 3 pairs instead. When I called, they said just keep it so they wouldn't have to pay shipping. (they were $60 headphones:confused:)

So.. in my experiences, I was on the winning side of the error. So needless to say, I keep the orders flowing.:D

MF is good as is AMS, Musician's Buy (about 15 minutes from my house) and Same Day Music. Sweetwater on the other hand will never get another dollar from me.

yeah they did change their warehouse. i ordered a bunch of stuff and it took over a month for everyhitng to come. they would send me like one thing at a time, it sucked. i would call and they would say everything is shipped, and id say i only got one thing. or i would get one thing, call and ask if they knew what i had and what i still needed, they said they didnt know i had anyhitng and that nothign shipped. it was all fucked up.

then i placed anohter order before i got my last large order all shipped, and my new order was here in less than a week, but the rest of my other order didnt ship. i was pissed.

but what can you do? nothing. just gotta go with it.

ill still order form them just because its easy and usaully the cheapest.

I've had several returns do to gear not working, they promptly shipped new replacements for demo gear. No problem here...now the local GC is a different story...they have done all they could to avoid service. The local Sam Ash has good service too.

Back