music transfer from mpc2000 xl and protools 6.9.2

MEDDAHMORPHOSIS

i need step by step instructions on how to configure protools to recognize and receive my music from mpc 2000 xl into protools 6.9.2. like what tabs to press ect if anyone can be of any help please respond

thank you:)

What interface are you using? mbox, 002, 003?

Easiest way is to run 1/4 inch cables from the mpc outs into the interface with the line selection on instead of mic. In pro tools, go to the top menu bar and go to track and create a few audio tracks. Set the bpm's in the extended transport to match the mpc's. Click the record button on each track in PT you want to use to record. Press record and play on the PT transport and press play on the MPC. If you need more explanation, let me know.

Or setup the midi if you have midi on your interface, it would be easier for you to tell us what interface you are using.

hi!

thanx guys for responding! i really appreciate the advice i did exactly as you said and nothing..... when i played the sample from my mpc 2000 xl to my digi 002 (its the mixer not the rack) didn't recognize it at all. ... i created two audio tracks aside from the mic and plugged them in, is it a setting in protools that may be off? i been going crazy following a whole bunch of stuff like tutorials but they never explain in detail they always assume everyone knows even the minimal.... if any of you guys has aim and wouldn't mind chatting with me on there my screen name is meddahmorphosis1

thanx again
:)

Back