Music sounds different after burning on CD

Cudmasters Los

I can never get my music that I burned on a cd to sound like it does in my studio:( :confused: :( :confused: :( :(

I am using sonar and Live Drive II, Creative sound card(SoundBlaster) playing thru a 32 behringer mixer to KRK V6 monitor speakers. This song I am recording sounds like a platnum hit, excellant quality sound, perfect levels. But when i record, bass will be too loud, Hi Hat's too loud, or the other way around, I am started to get really iratated.

Now when I record I am going from a protus 2000 thru my ADAT's, to my computer to record, then to my mixer to hear. I use soundforge to master, or i will just save as a wave to burn from sonar. Basically I am experimenting to get the best results and nothing works and I am using easy cd creater to burn.

Don't mean to draw it out but I would like for you guys to know everthing that's going on......What IS going on:confused

I take my cd's and listen to them in my car, which has a nice sound system in it. When I listen to it in my studio, it sounds about the same but a little less spunk. In my car it is completely different.

Your car stereo will color the song, thats what it is designed to do. If your recording with monitors, they are pretty much flat. I usually do test CD's trying it out on 3 or 4 sources and take notes and go back to the mix and adjust for what I didn't like. I think we have all been down this road...its trial & error.

In that case, find a commercially produced CD that sounds really good in your car. Then take it back to the studio and keep comparing your mixes to that CD as you mix, especially noting how much of the highs and lows there are on the commercial CD, and making yours match. Once you make it match, it should sound great in your car. If you still have problems, then I suggest you need new monitors and/or an acoustic remake of your room.

Back