Music sharing/hosting

Allas

I'm looking to put several songs out on the web for download. I'll put it on youtube of course but as far as a place to share it with people that find my facebook page or whatever, what's the best place to upload it?

I don't want to use something like a megaupload or whatever that looks so unprofessional.

Get a web hosting, domain name and host it on your own.
That's the best way to look professional as what you want.

Wiguan is right. It's also pretty cheap to get your own domain name. I had one for my band for two years and it only cost $20 for a dotcom. If you get something like a dotinfo, it could cost you as little as $2 a year.

I don't recommend get the .info because it's spell "cheapo".
You want a professional name, get a .com, .net or .org.
If you can afford, get the .fm but this domain extension is very expensive.

Then get a domain name from Namecheap, web hosting hostgator is reputable.
Then install a Wordpress on it.
You will find it easy to use, WordPress even have a plugin to play .mp3 direct on your website.
So when you share, just share the link of that page.

Proffesional is great as everyone says, but if you dont have it go for soundcloud, or bandcamp..Soundclick IMO is #Dead.......but if it gets you paid, do you.

Soundcloud is great for sharing and streaming your music. you can also embed a player onto your website or other websites.

Soundcloud is great for sharing of your music . I read your blog and get important information . If you face any problem i will help you . Sharing problem with other and you will get important suggestion and ideas.

bandcamp good for both sharing and selling. People are also able to actually download full quality audio files. I don't know what I would do without my FLACs.

Back