Music Production Toolkit & Pro Tools LE 8 freezes at loading screen

philbagg

Just Killing Time
Hey guys, haven't been on for a while. Have an issue however (isn't it always the way :D)
Any help at all with this would be appreciated.

EDIT #1: Turns out the DV toolkit 2 crashes it also. I installed it (leaving the MPTK uninstalled) and I get the same error.

EDIT #2: Just read up on the Avid site that the mptk1 is only compatible up to 8.0.3... Pack of wankers :mad: Still doesn't explain why it didn't work when I was ON 8.0.3

I'm running Pro Tools LE 8 on Windows 7 Enterprise (32bit), and after installing the
MPTK just there, it hangs at "loading pro tools" perpetually. I wasn't sure exactly what
was doing it at first because I installed a few other things in the same go. After
removing (one by one) everything, I found that once I removed the MPTK, Pro Tools
started working again. I re-installed the toolkit and it stopped once again.

I was on 8.0.3 but updated to 8.0.5 in an effort to fix the issue but it still freezes.

Any ideas? I need to be able to use the MPTK, especially considering I own a
$%&*%@ license

Cheers :D

PS: Still can't get used to the new look of this place. Kinda threw me off the site. :o

Last edited:
Ha ya bastard! I saw a reply n thought YES!! A solution!! :D

I'm not too bad. Was workin in my old college teaching the new sound trainees! Finished that, have a job lined up in a studio as a producer/engineer, and keepin active with my current band.

How bout you grim? Long time no-chat

Have you trashed all the preferences phil?
I find that sorts out most quirks with pro tools. Google it if you're not sure. It's a well documented procedure.

There's even an application that does it for you. I keep it on my computer just incase.

Do these two progs rely on an ilok for the license? You might wana try updating the pace drivers too.

Yup Steen (good to hear from ya), I trashed em gooood... Still get the error. I reinstalled, everything.

Yeah they rely on ilok, the drivers should be up to date considering they installed along with PT itself (8.0.5).

But even if I don't plug the ilok in, shouldn't it still get far enough to ask me to continue, renew or quit?

Tis very annoying, I need vocalign for something I'm working on.

BTW, this might be an important point. I just recently installed PT on an XP partition about a week ago (since deleted the OS), and it worked with the toolkits. PT 8.0.5 n everything! Any ideas???

Phil. Good to see ya too. You been offsite for a while?

I had a wee google for ya.
Apparently the mptk installers on avids site aren't up to date and aren't win 7 compatible.

There's a guy on duc forums talking about a $49 upgrade?!

Check this out.

Last edited:
I fuckin hate those pricks at Avid.

So the MPTK and the DVTK2 will work with my version of Pro Tools, but because I'm using a *newer* OS, I have to pay for their shitty upgrades? Fuck them. I don't *need* the upgrade, I just want what I already use :mad:

I'm gonna have to transfer the session to my iMac and use the tools there. But seriously, I can't believe that I've to transfer sessions between computers just to use tools on one and the hardware of another.

Welcome back to my pc, windows xp!

Yeah I shouldn't be too angry, I was planning on re-doing my XP partition anyway for a few reasons. Guess this'll just be another :rolleyes:

Maybe I should just get Pro Tools 9? :D

Aren't you in the UK Steen? I'm in Dublin, studio I'm meant to be picking up with is in Kildare. Bit of a treck on the train but better than nothing. Very focused on my own bands EP at the moment.

Back