Music I like, what do you like??

So you mean it isn’t some profound cultural statement? :D
The whole song is a double entendre, listen to the lyric. He is in prison and thinking of his girl when he pulls off. Eyes going slitty at climax, hence turning japanese.

Ah I see now... the guy Doogudder is a bit of a troll from his posts from other threads. I was just trying to have a bit of gentle self depricating banter with him when he had a sarcastic go at me ie I am gay and in prison. I am sorry for trying to be a know all. That really was not my intention. The Vapours wrote this song very tongue in cheek, that is all.

Check your volume for the applause at the beginning .

A true master.

Yup another American treasure fo sho! Pretty sure I wore my still crazy after all these years album out even though I was prog rocker at the time...genius of songsmith and such great singer and player.

There are some cool talk show interviews out there where he talks about songwriting, and the process. Old school low key Dick Cavett stands out, they don't make talk shows like that anymore.

One interview (Letterman show) he talks about the incident at the NY Central Park show where a nutcase fan rushes him on stage, right as he's singing the lines from the song The Late Great Johnny Ace about hearing of John Lennon's death. He plays the song on the show, Letterman. As he is singing/playing the song (not his guitar, a Martin D35 maybe?) his 1st string high E gets hung up on a fret edge. Contrary to myth it's not the exact moment in the song where the fan had rushed him on stage at the Central Park show, but still a little odd. After commercial break he completed the song. A touching song.

Man, a lot of those guys are getting old. Pray they die natural deaths, unlike Lennon, JFK, the late great Johnny Ace.

This morning's featured disc is a somewhat obscure group from Tampa Fla, White Witch. I don't think they ever got any radio play, except maybe on some college radio stations, but they put out a couple of albums in the early 70s. This is the first one.

Reactions: TAE
This morning's featured disc is a somewhat obscure group from Tampa Fla, White Witch. I don't think they ever got any radio play, except maybe on some college radio stations, but they put out a couple of albums in the early 70s. This is the first one.

Somehow for being so obscure their music made it up north on the east coast. I’ve actually heard these guys.

But DJs back then were free agents. They played whatever they thought was cool.

Three thousand views, i'm probably 100 of them, I can't just play this once. Does anyone else think this is a great song?

Never heard of them but I'd of liked to see em perform this stuff live. pretty cool!

Back